• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

really strange hard to find squeak

Durtlocker

Car
2007 w639 111 cdi
I had this noise which was driving me mad for months on end ,it had me on my hands and knees in the back of the beast oiling up sliding set rails and other seat components etc .
After a very long and annoying time i was sorting out something at the underside rear of the vehicle which neccesitated removing of the rear wheels ,low and behold i saw the top shock absorber mount rubber has perrished and with a shove i could replaicate the annoying noise !! a temporary fix until new shocks arrive was a generous blob of oil on the remainder of the bush and rubber noise gone and still absent two month later !!

Ask me about it,,, but i found a cure for my mult link back end.front end . .I purchased 6 spray tins of sillicone .Asked my locval garage if i could use the 4 poster .Amd used up every tin on all the rubber bushes in sight , along with all the rubber items on the underside of the car She as been silent for 10 years .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom