• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Remapping a high mileage car

worcesterspoon

Car
W211 E320CDI Estate
Hey, new here (so sorry if you’ve discussed this one before), but what’s the general feeling on remapping a high mileage car?

I’ve got a 2003 E320CDi on 191k. It’s had a new turbo about 10k ago, a new fuel pump very recently, injector seals have been replaced, drives well.

I only do about 3k a year in it, and want a remap for no other reason that I can (and it would be fun), but wondered about the risks of stressing a high mileage engine.

Anyone have any experience/regrets doing this?

I’ve remapped my E320 also a 2003 it with 127k on at the time. So far so good. Certainly noticed a great performance increase and improvement in MPG.

That’s just my experience. Can’t see why a well maintain higher mileage example would be problematic.

The OM648s are pretty bulletproof. I’d be interested to hear what everyone has to say. Mine has 242K on it now, I have no plans to remap it though.

I’d also be interested to hear how much you paid to have your turbocharger replaced?

Thanks

If you are going to do it then go to someone with a rolling road so they can run the car up to see if there are any underlying issues.
If your engine is in good condition then get it mapped.
But one thing to remember it has a few miles on it and other parts such as gearbox, suspension, etc have all covered that mileage so the extra power produced could highlight any weak areas away from the engine.

I would do it but you need to look at the potential of replacing other components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom