Thoughts on remaps for a high mileage E350 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I ask as the Vito holds the 1st 2 gears far too long,
designed for hauling freight possibly.
I would like earlier changes.

When I asked recently I was told by a mapper that the increased torque would cause earlier changes, while I can see that I think the Vi... models are mapped to hold as long as they do.

This is pretty much spot on. It's must more swift into 3rd where it can really go before it runs out of puff lol.

Not sure on the engine in the Vito would experience such a drastic change though... Pretty rare to have a mapped Vito i would say :)

Reactions: m80
Ah,
my 1st 07 Vito 115 was mapped at new I was told when I bought it at 294k miles.
I don't recall feeling any drastic power advantage when I moved up to the Viano 3.0 V6.
Now I'm back with an 06 Vito 115 I feel there is less umph, so pretty sure the remap of the 1st Vito was a worthy amendment.

I'm aiming to put the Viano diff onto the 115 to reduce cruising revs. Expecting that to then need a bit more torque low down I'm deciding if an economy map (my preference) might not be as workable as a power map.

The 115 reaches peak torque at 1,800 revs, I cruise at 58mph and with a V6 diff that is 1770 revs as apposed to the near 2k revs it cruises at now.
Maybe I change the diff first to try and assess the power needs through the gears.

I re-mapped my E320 CDI (I6) when it had about 120k miles or so. That engine is meant to be 205bhp/370lbs or thereabouts. Should now be making nearer 240bhp and 420lbs ft.

The pull in gear is really quite something. I reckon from 50mph it would take my CLS63 by surprise as the torque comes in lower down. Plus there's 1-2mpg improvement, win win.

Thanks guys.

I popped into BFT and had a chat. I’m planning on getting it remapped after a service in a few weeks time, assuming there are no unexpected service costs that is.

Are those figures on a late 2004 》 OM648 engine?

I re-mapped my E320 CDI (I6) when it had about 120k miles or so. That engine is meant to be 205bhp/370lbs or thereabouts. Should now be making nearer 240bhp and 420lbs ft.

The pull in gear is really quite something. I reckon from 50mph it would take my CLS63 by surprise as the torque comes in lower down. Plus there's 1-2mpg improvement, win win.

OM642 V6 - your 52 E Wouldn't have a OM648

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom