repair 231 rear light unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jottytwin

Car
W124 estate
Dear Members
Being a yorkshire member I am looking for some money saving advise please. Two LED's have failed in my rear off-side indicator of my 2015 SL400.
I really don't want the waste or expense of replacing the whole unit. Can these be repaired? If so any ideas where please.

I am very interested in a reply to this query, as I have a seemingly identical problem. Local MB agent wants to charge £450 to carry out repair, presumably a complete replacement, lamps lens and all! The indicators seem to work perfectly save for two led bulbs failing to light up. Irritating because fault appears on dashboard plus rapid flashing noise. Both near and off side units involved. £900 to replace 4 broken led lamps seems a bit excessive. MB say that the led lamps are so much better that the old versions and therefore worth it!!!! 🙃

I am very interested in a reply to this query, as I have a seemingly identical problem. Local MB agent wants to charge £450 to carry out repair, presumably a complete replacement, lamps lens and all! The indicators seem to work perfectly save for two led bulbs failing to light up. Irritating because fault appears on dashboard plus rapid flashing noise. Both near and off side units involved. £900 to replace 4 broken led lamps seems a bit excessive. MB say that the led lamps are so much better that the old versions and therefore worth it!!!! 🙃
Have you tried any local auto electrians to see if they will tackle a repair.

I tried . . . . . . and failed miserably! So found a pair on ebay 😁

Matt

Funny isn't it?
Manufacturers tout LED lighting as being the bees knees and yet are quite happy to take your cash off you when it fails, even when (in the case of a VW group manufacturer), they state:
Another advantage of LED light is their long duration, with a minimum of 10,000 hours of uninterrupted use, and even more in reality, which exceeds the useful life of the car itself and don’t require maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom