RHD SL73 AMG Value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spoke to the owner on the day, and he kept the car in Bournemouth, where I live, although he was based in London. It is engine no. 52, and Ironside isn't far from here.

The car you saw is the Ironside car. Same registration number as the original Ironside advert.

"Believed to be one of just two manufactured in rhd"

MERCEDES SL 73 AMG 129-series, 7,300 5 Sp Auto 2 door Convertible, 1999V (1905) | Mercedes Dealer in Alton, Hampshire

But the Car is badged as an SL73.

In this forum pictures have been posted of one badged as an SL730..

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/t/jj-sultan-of-brunei-cars-pictures/12942/9

Both have UK number plates, are both RHD drive cars in the UK?

Is one an imposter or could it be the same car.

Both of your links are the Ironside car again.

Can only assume one owner decided to call it an SL73 and another an SL730. Either that, or the owner cant make his mind up :dk:

Its the same car as spotted and photographed by MD5 in post #38 above. V155 KGK & 981 APK are that same car on different number plates.

It was badged as a 73 when I saw it.

My uncle was partner in a business that applied the SoB's palaces with most of the electrical work. I'm going to see if he recognises the SL73. I expect even if that was a true SoB car (a) who gives a sh1t really and why? and (b) he had so many cars it's not likely he drove this one. Crazy money.

Hi,

I've been offered and am about to buy an interesting car, but could do with some advice please.

Car is a black/black 4,000 mile ex Sultan of Brunei SL73. Its apparently one of two RHD models he ordered within the total of 51 cars that he purchased. :rolleyes:

Being ex SOB it has the 565bhp engine that was unique to his cars.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of this car please?

Thank you

Hello sir - when you get it back to the UK, would you be interested in us (Modern Classics magazine) running a feature on it?

Hello sir - when you get it back to the UK, would you be interested in us (Modern Classics magazine) running a feature on it?

Would be delighted to. I'll let you know when it lands in the UK and we can have a chat.

I've always wondered how this turned out. Given that the SL73 appeared to be being purchased unseen I reckon it must've ended up to be a fake - or worse, maybe never materialised at all.

Thread resurrection and sorry for the lack of posts, but the car did arrive and after lots of delays and hard work to get it right, here it is….

Now has around 1800 miles after a bit of testing to iron out niggles. What a car and what an engine!

Thread resurrection and sorry for the lack of posts, but the car did arrive and after lots of delays and hard work to get it right, here it is….

Now has around 1800 miles after a bit of testing to iron out niggles. What a car and what an engine!

Where's the photos of that foxy car?

Thought I’d done that. Trying again…..

IMG_7724.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7723.jpeg
    IMG_7723.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7718.jpeg
    IMG_7718.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back