Robert Kubica returns- gradually

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
I was heartened to read of Robert Kubica's return to motor sport today in the F1 racing magazine. There's an interview and some footage of him driving a DTM merc here. BBC Sport - Robert Kubica hopeful of Formula 1 return He has also driven competitively for Citroen in a WRC C4 rally car in the 2012 Rallye du Var and impressed team boss Yves Matton. While he copes well with a paddle gear shift in roomy rally car-- his main physical impairment is with pronation and supination [ rotational movements of lower arm] and he can compensate for this with shoulder movement. However the narrow confines of a F1 car may be a different matter. Like most Formula 1 guys motivation will not be lacking. I hope he makes it back.:thumb:

I hope he makes it back too. Almost too good to be true, but let's hope.

Will be a fantastic recovery if he does make it back to F1.
It remains to be seen whether he still has the same speed, I hope so, he was one of the quickest drivers on the grid a few years back and looked a shoe-in for one of the top drives.

I thought it was the rally incident in Italy that caused most of his current mobility problems not the accident in Montreal?

Here he is in his C4 WRC??
[YOUTUBE]27bLU5quzDE[/YOUTUBE]

hes got a big pair of kahunas gettig back in a wrc car anyway after that crash....good luck to the guy....nice bloke into the bargain!!!!!!!

I would love Robert to return to F1. However, in the dog eat dog world of F1where a 7 times world champ is not regarded as good enough for a return, I suspect he will struggle.
If all your stars and situtations are not perfectly aligned with age, talent, money, fitness, oppourtunity and without doubt, guts....then it is unlikley.
Alex Zanardi went on to win DTM races legless, but more importantly to him, a paralympic gold medal.
I hope I'm wrong because Robert is a top bloke!;)

Shame, watching that video of him testing the DTM car - I think it is clear he will never be racing in F1 again.

A real shame, but I guess he is lucky to even be alive given his accident.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom