S204 C250cdi 2012 front brake pads advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Hi Guys

Last year I fitted a set of Pagid front brake pads from Euro car parts to my car. I am not impressed as I have got uneven wear (calipers are working perfectly) excessive noise and generally not great performance.

I was thinking of going back to OEM spec / genuine Merc parts. But Merc like to charge a small fortune.

Does anybody know who makes their brake pads or can anybody recommend some equivalent to OEM spec that are worth considering? Or should I just pay for the OEM pads and be done with it?

Thanks

Anything not dusty like ceramic pads , Ferodo Eco Friction etc .

Eco_Friction.jpg
43b97c2b5cf2b59bd438a4e7ca2dde2e.plist.jpg

Last edited:
Brembo.

Brembo are OE / OEM there is no point in anything along these lines when there is much better braking with less dust available .

I've not bought ordinary pads for 20+ years .

Hi Guys

Last year I fitted a set of Pagid front brake pads from Euro car parts to my car. I am not impressed as I have got uneven wear (calipers are working perfectly) excessive noise and generally not great performance.

I was thinking of going back to OEM spec / genuine Merc parts. But Merc like to charge a small fortune.

Does anybody know who makes their brake pads or can anybody recommend some equivalent to OEM spec that are worth considering? Or should I just pay for the OEM pads and be done with it?

Thanks

Genuine pads are made by various manufacturers, including Pajid, BTW.

I don’t think there’s an issue with the brand, the possible causes are:

- Incorrect model
- Fakes
- Faulty batch
- Incorrect installation
- issue with other brake system component

That said, buying genuine pads from a dealer eliminates the first two potential causes.

As for ceramic pads, I don't think they are available as Genuine MB parts, but you can buy them after-market. The dust from ceramic pads is light-coloured and does not bond to the alloy wheels, which makes cleaning the wheels easier.

Brembo are OE / OEM there is no point in anything along these lines when there is much better braking with less dust available .

I've not bought ordinary pads for 20+ years .
I've not ate meat for 30 . :)

Thanks for the replies, Ferodo look good.
I heard rumors that Pagid was affiliated to Euro car parts now or something like that and the quality had gone down hill. I have fitted loads of brakes from Pagid in the past and never had a problem. Always been good. So either I got a bad set or the quality has gone down hill.

The pads I replaced were original Merc pads and they had worn well, nice and even. I was surprised to see the Pagids were not wearing evenly in less than a year. No noticeable braking issues, just noise and less feel through the pedal.

Still plenty of pad left I just don't like the way they are at the moment.

mmm decisions..

Anybody know of a Ferodo supplier Near Leicester or on line, their web site isn't working and doesn't show my any distributors in the UK for some reason?
cheers

Hi Guys

Thanks
Mercedes brake pads and discs are usually very reasonably priced. Have you actually had a quote from MB or are you just assuming?

MB Newcastle and MB Edinburgh both sell on eBay and have very competitive prices on such items.

Alternatively, contact Steven Jenkins at MB Edinburgh and ask him for a price. : [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom