S205 C250 Drivers Door Speaker - No Sound?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
So I have had my car approx 1.5yrs now (bought from Sytner Mercedes) and just today noticed that there is no sound coming from the round speaker in the drivers door. There is some sound coming from the small tweeter speaker above the round one in the corner of the door window but nothing in the round speaker!

I have used the speaker fader on the sound system to isolate the front left and front right speakers and the difference in sound like night and day.

I have no idea how long its been like this and it may have been since I took ownership of the car. If I go back to Mercedes am I likely to be charged to get it sorted?

How easy is it to remove the round speaker to check, does the whole door card need removing?

Any help appreciated.

Door card off.
Its wired in parallel to the tweeter, so unlikely to be wiring fault. Its *very* easy to break the door speaker connector when removing door card - we see lots of cars with broken connectors (so much so that I have spares to fix them, need the tool to put the MQS elements back on.

It's out of warranty they will charge you, and if wiring is broken they will want to replace the whole loom. Go see www.comand.co.uk - best still get a speaker upgrade - makes a massive difference :)

I cant remember if Premium spec gives you Burmeister or not on a 2015 car !

R

Door card off.
Its wired in parallel to the tweeter, so unlikely to be wiring fault. Its *very* easy to break the door speaker connector when removing door card - we see lots of cars with broken connectors (so much so that I have spares to fix them, need the tool to put the MQS elements back on.

It's out of warranty they will charge you, and if wiring is broken they will want to replace the whole loom. Go see www.comand.co.uk - best still get a speaker upgrade - makes a massive difference :)

I cant remember if Premium spec gives you Burmeister or not on a 2015 car !

R
Thanks for your reply Richard,
So in you view is it unlikely that the speaker itself is broken, and most likely either a broken connector or disconnected connector?
Is it fairly straight forward to remove the door card?
Unfortunately my premium spec is not fitted with the Burmeister.
Thanks
Michael

Its possible speaker is broken - but you'd normally get some sort of distortion rather than no sound.
If speaker is broken, probably time to swop them all out for atfermarket (we have some that sound great, sadly I just sold the demo car)
See YouTube for removing door card, relatively simple but watch the speaker wiring as you pull !!

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom