s210 Brabus D6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm...that's a blinged up Avantguard with a Brabus D6 tuning box fitted, or at least the badge that came with the kit.

Hmm...that's a blinged up Avantguard with a Brabus D6 tuning box fitted, or at least the badge that came with the kit.
My understanding is that what you describe is a Brabus D6. A chip, a badge, alloys and in this cars case an "exhaust" (unlikely to still be a Brabus exhaust i would assume due to the passage of time) , gearknob & sill trims.

Blingtastic! (with added rust & extreme laquer peel)

Last edited:
They were too rust prone to be collectable or a keeper unless it was ,( and it isnt ) one of the very few good ones bodywork wise
but a pokey motor with that D6 chip probably worth more as a breaker unless it gets over a grand ? shame to see them in this state but thats 210's for you 124's were ok and 211's but not the 210 unfortunately

I went to have a look at it yesterday, the exhaust is Brabus (and looks great) and it will be a very nice looking car once the bodywork is sorted. In my eyes the bling worked very well.

As far as 210 go, bodywork wise, it’s not the worst by a long way, but as the seller says, it’ll need a full repaint to do it justice.

It needs saving as it is an interesting example of a 210, and surely there aren’t any other D6s about anymore.

When you see the prices people are asking for pretty ordinary s124's nowadays this very rare s210 must be a future classic. Looks like a great car even though it needs a bit of welding underneath, well worth saving.

The om613 in standard form is no slouch wth the same torque as a r129 500sl so it would be interesting to see what a Brabus D6 is like performance wise.

Bit of a rocket ship i would imagine.

When you see the prices people are asking for pretty ordinary s124's nowadays this very rare s210 must be a future classic. Looks like a great car even though it needs a bit of welding underneath, well worth saving.

The om613 in standard form is no slouch wth the same torque as a r129 500sl so it would be interesting to see what a Brabus D6 is like performance wise.

The OM613 is one of my favourite engines, powerful, economical and reliable, it suits the 210 very well.

I went to have a look at it yesterday, the exhaust is Brabus (and looks great) and it will be a very nice looking car once the bodywork is sorted. In my eyes the bling worked very well.

As far as 210 go, bodywork wise, it’s not the worst by a long way, but as the seller says, it’ll need a full repaint to do it justice.

It needs saving as it is an interesting example of a 210, and surely there aren’t any other D6s about anymore.

I sold my 'quite sorted' S210 E320cdi with a D6 to a member here, 2 / 3 years ago. Within 6 months, he'd sold it on via Ebay.
I recently found the car on a Facebook group - the owner seems to have been running it on wvo!!

The Brabus D6 chip, endorsed by MB was therefore pretty expensive new, something like £1200?
IIRC, the performance boost wasn't massive, probably equating to that of a standard W211 320cdi (OM642)

If it need much welding underneath, far easier and cheaper to plug it in to a sounder car.
210s don't actually need much structural underside welding, I've found. Mainly it's the hidden jacking points (not so hard), front cross member closing plate (more cosmetic if the under tray's gone missing. And the vent side panels behind the rear bumper rot out.
But In conjunction with the inevitable body panel corrosion, the sum of this can be hard to reconcile, even on an E55!

I recall seeing a LHD 'Brabus' S210 E300td for sale last year, for £15K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom