S211 xenon lights not self leveling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kmidget

Car
w211 220cdi
Hi. I have a 2008 S211 e220cdi. the Xenon headlights have stopped self leveling.. i scanned the system for faults with an Icarsoft mb3 and found no faults.
The rear xenon level sensor is reading 5v so I'm guessing the sensor arm has fallen off. The problem is I cannot find the sensor.. i have spent ages looking for it.
If any one has a pic or a drawing of its location it really would be a huge help.

Hi. I have a 2008 S211 e220cdi. the Xenon headlights have stopped self leveling.. i scanned the system for faults with an Icarsoft mb3 and found no faults.
The rear xenon level sensor is reading 5v so I'm guessing the sensor arm has fallen off. The problem is I cannot find the sensor.. i have spent ages looking for it.
If any one has a pic or a drawing of its location it really would be a huge help.
It’s middle back of the car attached to the rear anti roll bar . Above the differential. Yes it is hard to find .
The sensor arm will have rusted through .

There are some pics in this old thread of my cars problem

I found it. Arm is not broken and seems to be in good condition. maybe the sensor has failed i will try and test it tomorrow. many thanks for the replies..

I found it. Arm is not broken and seems to be in good condition. maybe the sensor has failed i will try and test it tomorrow. many thanks for the replies..
If you bounce up and down on the back of the car with the icarsoft plugged in you should see the readings change (or not)

My front sensor is in the front right wheel well by the spring .
Make sure the arms are well lubricated otherwise they might rust and jam , preventing the levelling .
Do your lights do the up and down dance when you first turn them on ?

i bumped the car up and down a kerb with icarsoft plugged in, no change on the rear sensor it shows a constant 5v, front sensor was working fine in the 2v to 3v range. i will try and pull the sensor tomoz see if its stuck maybe.
Lights don't do the up and down dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom