S212 Avantgarde Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suty455

Car
E350 CDI
Hi All bit of a dilemma and I have looked at the sticky with the sizes but I cannot find a proper answer, My E350 Estate is a 2011 full airmatic car, it had 17 inch alloys as supplied which I swapped to 18s when I bought it( non oem) so 8x18s all round and the factory size Tyres for those wheels.
Have now started to dislike the "skinny" look of the rear wheels and so am on a quest to up the size to 19s and a staggered set, question is looking at the chart the offsets for the same size wheels differs, also being a full airmatic will that have any effect?
The Brabus wheels look to be the most flexible size and am able to get 255s up front and 285s at the rear, is the brabus altered in any way to do this or is it just the correct offset that allows it to happen?

Every year when I swap my summer wheels for the winters I can't believe how wide the rears are 265/35/18 summer 245/40/18 all round winter. To see how wide they are when they're fitted to the car you've got to get down really low to see them. Ive got the genuine Mercedes winter wheels that I bought off eBay for £400 and people often say they prefer them to the Diamond cut 18" AMG style wheel. Regards going for 19" wheels all I've heard about them is they're much more likely to crack, if you look at used ones for sale on eBay they've usually been welded which is not what I want when you don't have a spare and you're driving on a "smart death motorway".
Are you sure the 18" wheels you have are the right offset as people often sell C Class wheels and advertise them as suitable for E Class cars. Genuine Mercedes wheels for your E Class will have 212 starting the part number on the rear of one of the spokes.

These are the same as my winter wheels.

yes they are the correct offset but just not MB wheels got after market ones as like you I want to know the history of the Wheel, the cracking issue I can live with as I carry a spare anyway and pay for breakdown am also told true or not that the airmatics are less likely to get issues with cracking as the suspension is more pliant on potholes etc
I fancy the C63 style but am buggered if I will fork out 3k for wheels and I know a woman who will make a Eunuch of me if I do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom