• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

S212 rear xenon level sensor?

Willber

Car
CLK 270
Hi everyone

I have a S211 2009 with xenon headlights. They dont dance up and down when turning on and appear to default to low position making me think a linkage or sensor is duff.

I have checked the front and the linkage is fine but was a bit stiff - i have cleaned and lubed it.

Is there a sensor at the back too or is it incorporated into level sensor for the rear air suspension?

I thought there was one near the diff but I can't seem to see it - can anyone help?

Thanks!

Apologies cant work out how to edit title! Its S211 not S212. Thanks

Hi everyone

I have a S211 2009 with xenon headlights. They dont dance up and down when turning on and appear to default to low position making me think a linkage or sensor is duff.

I have checked the front and the linkage is fine but was a bit stiff - i have cleaned and lubed it.

Is there a sensor at the back too or is it incorporated into level sensor for the rear air suspension?

I thought there was one near the diff but I can't seem to see it - can anyone help?

Thanks!
On my E W211 its above the rear diff clamped on the anti roll bar . Not sure how it works on the airmatic estate though .
It is quite hard to find first time if it’s the same as mine .

Ive had a look but couldn't see anything, think I might need to get it higher in the air. Tried using ramps but probably need to jack it up ideally.

I don't have full airmatic just the rear 👍

Ive had a look but couldn't see anything, think I might need to get it higher in the air. Tried using ramps but probably need to jack it up ideally.

I don't have full airmatic just the rear 👍
Wheel ramps are fine , but you have to wriggle up to the diff with a torch .

I found it and it's intact. However it appears that the car has been retrofitted to halogen headlights as theyre both H7 bulbs?!

Any idea if possible to swap back to xenons easily?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom