S213 TOUCHPAD UNEXPLAINED DAMAGE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delboy0127

Car
MERCEDES S213 E CLASS E220 D PREMIUM AMG LINE ESTATE 2017
Hi

The touchpad on my 2017 S213 has cracked without any explanation.

Having researched this it appears in America, and I have obtained the correct documentation , that this has happened to numerous different models with the same touch pad.

The touch pad cracks without any explanation. Mercedes America have accepted this explanation and replaced the control pad under warranty.

Has any one else experienced the same problem with their Touch pad cracking, without explanation.

I remember one really warm day last year and my car was parked in the sun all day , the aluminium surround was so hot you could have cooked eggs on it , wouldn't be surprised if the touchpad was prone to cracking.

After reading this post I had a second look at the "scratch" that I had on my touchpad. On closer inspection it was actually cracked and as the weeks have gone by it's got slightly longer and deeper. The car was in for a service last week and I pointed it out to the dealer , when I picked the car up he told me that a new one had been ordered and they would arrange fitting . The crack is about 3cm long in the middle and runs in line with the centre console.

Reactions: 219
Hi Thank you for info
Mercedes have refused to change mine without any cost to me under warranty. They have also stated my crack was due to damage.

They have also not replied to emails. I will now take the matter further.

When the "Tech" looked at it the first comment was - No sign of any impact . There's not a mark on the touchpad just a vey fine crack.

After reading this post I had a second look at the "scratch" that I had on my touchpad. On closer inspection it was actually cracked and as the weeks have gone by it's got slightly longer and deeper. The car was in for a service last week and I pointed it out to the dealer , when I picked the car up he told me that a new one had been ordered and they would arrange fitting . The crack is about 3cm long in the middle and runs in line with the centre console.

If the crack runs in line with the console , it may be a stress point .

Have the days when Mercedes tested upcoming models in extremes of temperature from Death Valley to the Arctic tundra been abandoned ?

If the crack runs in line with the console , it may be a stress point .

Have the days when Mercedes tested upcoming models in extremes of temperature from Death Valley to the Arctic tundra been abandoned ?

They just leave it to the customer to find faults with the cars and report back ;)

They just leave it to the customer to find faults with the cars and report back ;)

Uhlenhaut would be spinning in his grave ; he personally used to test cars for such things as a trip into the mountains , following which a kilo of butter in the boot should not have melted ! He was a very practical guy .

And such a gentleman - I met him once :)

As previous , the alloy surround gets really hot , and I mean HOT . There must be considerable stress on the glass/plastic/ or whatever it's made of, so not really surprised that it's cracked. I'm only surprised that this isn't a problem in warmer countries than wet Wales.

Hi Can you confirm that your touch pad which you have stated had a unexplained crack through the middle, has now been changed under warranty, without any cost to you.Which dealership did you use? people have suggested I made need to change dealership.

The touchpad was cracked in the middle . Sinclair Mercedes ordered a new one and is currently with them waiting for me to book the car in for fitting.

The touchpad was cracked in the middle . Sinclair Mercedes ordered a new one and is currently with them waiting for me to book the car in for fitting.
Hi Can you please confirm when the work has been completed

It was due to be fitted last week but they want the car for the whole day so I cancelled the appointment until a later date.

It was due to be fitted last week but they want the car for the whole day so I cancelled the appointment until a later date.
What model and reg is your car I assume you mean Sinclair Mercedes Group Langdon Road Port Tennant Swansea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom