Santa Pod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now that was fun, didn’t run but enjoyed the company, the highlight was watching to 2 wagons as they are a site to behold, you just can’t visualise 2 tonne of E class leaving a set of lights like a scalded cat.
Good to meet you guys, you’re all nuts

Nice to meet some new faces and catch up with those that I know :thumb: that was the best line up of cars i've seen at santapod in a while.

Best I could do was 13.9 :mad: I blame my new tyres, the track preppers, wrong kind of water on the burnout patch, eurocharged for making my car so lively in 1st and 2nd, the weather, the overpriced bacon roll, crap coffee and me.

Got some clips of the beasts processing on youtube......they are mighty fast E55's

Shame you forgot your license TDE, I saw you park up with a passenger whilst I was waiting in the que. By the time i'd walked over there you had gone.

Shame you forgot your license TDE, I saw you park up with a passenger whilst I was waiting in the que. By the time i'd walked over there you had gone.
Didn't know I had to have it. Would be furious with myself, but for the fact that still really enjoyed it and, more importantly, so did Mrs TDE.

(However, the search she conducted of my glovebox and hidy-holes for any licence-related material was... interesting and rather unexpected :doh:)

Next time :)

Wow congratulations to the quickest/fastest 55k in the country! Well done Acid!! 11.1 and 126 terminal that's fast! Bit more weight off and it's 10s, surely you can't sell it now!

Well done to Paul, I guess your issues are sorted looking at the terminal speed.

Expensive day for Olly was it?

lopes80 said:
Wow congratulations to the quickest/fastest 55k in the country! Well done Acid!! 11.1 and 126 terminal that's fast! Bit more weight off and it's 10s, surely you can't sell it now!

Well done to Paul, I guess your issues are sorted looking at the terminal speed.

Expensive day for Olly was it?

The car is still a work in progress but each visit it gets faster, the problem is the gains are harder and more expensive now! I think I can improve the times with some more practise but it feels like an 11.3 car at the most so will still need some more spanner work. I have some ideas.

It was a pleasure to watch Acid hit very consistent times even if it stuck in my throat a tiny bit, however knowing how much effort he has put in to it and seeing his face when we finally told him he had hit 11.1 was brilliant (we held out for at least 30 secs asking him what went wrong and originally told him that his time was 12.1!)

11.1!! Boy that's fast. Very very impressed. Must be a fantastic launch to get such a time with that ET.

The 13.3 from Olly also a good time, although I am unsure what car - is that a W203 C55?

Last edited:
grahamc230k said:
11.1!! Boy that's fast. Very very impressed.

The 13.3 from ollie also a good time, although i am unsure what car - is that a w203 c55?

202. C55

Sounds a good day, gutted i did not bother going. Thought it was going to be a wash out.
Will go next time :thumb:

Some clips of the day in the driving section.

Hey

guys

Had a Great Day !

Marty359 love the video :)

Nice to catch up and meet a few new people.

Sav man you guys had me going on the 12.1 ! but i was really surprised at the times i got :)

If i still have the car next year then maybe we can both try for the 10s : )

Acid

some pics

_L4C0303.jpg

_L4C0799.jpg

_L4C0309.jpg

Here's some silly question. What was that stuff they where using while preparing the strip? Also does your time start when you move or when the lights change? I am looking forward to next time

They use VHT or VP glue for grip that's used the full length of the track or it could have been the fine sand they spread on the start line, this saves drive train if they feel there is too much grip off the line.
When you race at RWYB events the clock will not start until you break the beam, you can sit on the line for 10 seconds after the green light and it will not record a time till you move forward. The lights are set-up dependant on what type of racing is happening.

Look at the tyre shape in the 2nd pic :eek:

Look at the tyre shape in the 2nd pic :eek:

I spotted that.
What pressures were in the tyres Acid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom