Self Appointed Speed Monitors!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How the driver didn't get hit I don't know.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

#
Actually, after a visit to Disneyland where they really are experts at managing queues, whenever a long queue formed, disney employees urged the line to split up into two seperate lines which then moved twice as quick as everyone merged at the end instead of blocking each other to the detriment of the whole queue.
Also witnessed roadworks one day on the road from Aberdeen to Dundee, where the outside lane was blocked because of roadworks. The signs told everyone to use both lanes and to merge in turn where it split from two lanes to one, despite this, 75% of cars pulled into the inside lane forming a two mile long queue and a couple of a**holes decided to block the empty outside lane despite the signage instructing everyone to do the opposite. Upshot was the queue merged quickly at the pinch point, but further back where the a**holes were blocking the empty lane, everyone was stationary.

Not sure if folk realise that traffic management is a special skill that requires training courses and certificates, (which I have by the way), but to plan a job and put up signs instructing motorists how to negotiate a set of roadworks and have individuals deciding they will dictate what lanes are available is just nonsense. (Tried to be as polite as I could there to anyone who thinks they should dictate what lanes are open!)

Exactly what I was referring to in my earlier post - it is related to "queueing theory" which is a subject on it's own - can pertain to Disneyland, traffic control (traffic lights, lanes etc), assembly lines, bottling machines etc etc

How the driver didn't get hit I don't know.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was any Police action taken against this pair of fools? It should have been. What an appalling way to behave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put in a dash cam, and when the person cuts across you to prevent you from using all lanes and ,merging alternately at the end (which is what the Highway Code says), just send the video into the local police - it's them breaking the code.

You merge at the end (a) to reduce the chance of a single queue blocking previous junctions preventing traffic crossing junction to go the other way (i.e if a motorway roundabout gets blocked), and (b) if you look at a long queue you can easily observe the delay as each car starts moving, then the next one starts moving a little later, etc - so at the end of the queue delays build. 3 shorter queues is therefore quicker to clear than one long one as the delay gaps are less .. (not sure that is a good explanation though).

Richard

Was any Police action taken against this pair of fools? It should have been. What an appalling way to behave.

I'd like to know answer too, agree terrible way to behave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom