• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Serp. belt for ML320 CDI Air con. compressor by-pass

theoldgreyfox

Car
2008 ML 320cdi
When the a/c compressor failed on my 2008 ML 320CDI W164 I decided to buy a shorter serpentine belt to bypass the compressor. There is a post online with all the info needed but it is for the petrol engined version, I didn't realise this at the time and ordered the belt which is too long and narrow for the diesel engine leaving me stuck for a replacement for my CDI diesel. After some thought and searching on the internet I hit on the idea of comparing the difference between the original petrol belt and the shorter belt for the a/c bypass. By applying the same method to my original engine belt a Gates PK2035 I came up with a suitable size belt for my car. It took a lot of time and I was taking a chance that my assumptions were correct. Fortunately, it was a result, and to save anyone else grief the belt that did the job was a Gates 8PK2000 it's a Heavy Duty belt I believe used on some commercial Mercedes and is a bit pricey but, it fits well and should last a lot of miles. Happy motoring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom