Service contract

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philc57

Car
C200 estate 4 matic.,,, zrx1200s, Ducati diavel
Renewed my service contract today with my local MB dealer only to be informed that all annual service contracts include an MOT. I thought this was a bit naughty because I have a local garage just down the road from me that have done all my mot's on both cars and bikes and it takes work away from them .
This mot/ service thing , has it been like this for long ?

Renewed my service contract today with my local MB dealer only to be informed that all annual service contracts include an MOT. I thought this was a bit naughty because I have a local garage just down the road from me that have done all my mot's on both cars and bikes and it takes work away from them .
Hmm… didn’t know that. Just had it done at a local garage too. Will ask MB next time.

It might include an MOT, not sure they can make you take it to them though?

Yes, the inclusion of the MOT in the MB Service Care Plan is new, and it has been recently mentioned of this forum.

It must be new to include MOT.
I’ve always had a service contract and would ask for MOT at the appropriate service.
I noticed on my new contract MOT is written in.
Doesn’t bother me. It will need a service and I would much rather have hassle free MOT.

Work generation tool for when "your brake pads are 30 % worn sir, so best to change them" etc etc
I am surprised the MOT wasn't in there for this reason , oh and convenience for the owner of course

Cynical I know, but whilst I guess it's meant to be a consumer service, I can't help but wonder whether it's to help generate more work and cash. For the sake of £50 ish I'd be happier with a truly independent MOT. Could be entirely wrong though.

Cynical I know, but whilst I guess it's meant to be a consumer service, I can't help but wonder whether it's to help generate more work and cash. For the sake of £50 ish I'd be happier with a truly independent MOT. Could be entirely wrong though.
Me too id prefer an independent mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom