Service History

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SUPERNOVA1a

Car
Mercedes S63 BiTurbo 2012. LEXUS LS400. JENSEN INTERCEPTOR Mk3 8.2
Hi.

Maybe a question that has no answer, but is there a way to find out what the services history have been done to a particular car from a Indy as part of doing due diligence checking before buying a car. I mean if the car reg is known?

Why they stopped providing to book that can be stamped is beyond me. Its not that easy to get it info from main dealers unless you know all the dealers that it has been serviced at. I tryed and yes they have details but only for the work they have done so then you have to go thro it all again with different dealer if you know which as cars get shipped all over uk between owners.

ilunn said:
Why they stopped providing to book that can be stamped is beyond me. Its not that easy to get it info from main dealers unless you know all the dealers that it has been serviced at. I tryed and yes they have details but only for the work they have done so then you have to go thro it all again with different dealer if you know which as cars get shipped all over uk between owners.

I've asked a few dealers for service info and they've been more than happy to print it in its entirety each time after a service

This is why i save all my receipts, so I can prove a history even if no book.

I'd really like to know the non-scheduled service history. - Particularly if someone has already changed the balance shaft.

I asked at my local MB dealer and was told to email the request through... and got no response to my email.

I've asked a few dealers for service info and they've been more than happy to print it in its entirety each time after a service

I do the same but when one purchase second hand car thats had few owners one finds very little documents bit like the spare key (3 year old one private owner and only 1 key!!) where do they all go.

ilunn said:
I do the same but when one purchase second hand car thats had few owners one finds very little documents bit like the spare key (3 year old one private owner and only 1 key!!) where do they all go.

Luck of the draw, mine was ex-company car so I had everything done in the folder with receipts and history. Since I've had it in for services they've printed each updated history for me, with the exception of the last one at Northampton MB- but after I filled in the feedback survey for it and mentioned no printout, they mailed me one out, very happy :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom