Should I de-chrome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tbourner

Car
AMG A45
Wife doesn't like my dodgy photoshop attempts. I think black looks better on a white car than the chrome. I also did headlight smoke tints.

Thoughts?

Front Corner.jpg Front Corner-dechrome-tint.jpg

Rear Quarter.jpg Rear Quarter-dechrome2-tint.jpg

I think it looks lovely how it is now. If I were you I’d leave it.

Dechroming is a personal taste.
It's not for me but if you like it, go for it.

I probably will, just wondered how many people would hate it :D

It’s your car :)

I would, not a massive fan of chrome. I had the window trim and running lights done around 2 weeks ago and today had the chrome surround of the grill and the rear lip done and loving the look, it is always down to personal taste

I like too, it's probably worth spending the week in your spare room as your wife huffs LOL

Well this is mine now finished with the de chroming. I love the look of the rear spoiler done to match the roof and the front grill surround. I am not tying to make it look like the 507, just a bit less bling.

Attachments

• 5D6C90E2-6D73-49BC-97D4-38585C7583DA.jpeg
    5D6C90E2-6D73-49BC-97D4-38585C7583DA.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 44
  • 6088793C-13DF-4090-99D6-F87949358F54.jpeg
    6088793C-13DF-4090-99D6-F87949358F54.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 45
Each to their own, but I always think a de-chromed car looks like a poverty spec/base model. 10 years ago the only non-Chrome'd models were 'Classic' spec with cloth interiors...

I de-chromed mine as I always liked Simon's E55 estate with no chrome.

lovely looking car...
Im in the de-chrome it camp - and badge removal - will look very clean.
Would also de-chrome the DRL surrounds :)

there is loads of after market toys to persoalize your Merc. I'm thinking about getting some projector ghost lights on the door. how ever an eluminated grille badge I think would look great

there is loads of after market toys to persoalize your Merc. I'm thinking about getting some projector ghost lights on the door. how ever an eluminated grille badge I think would look great

I really can't tell if you're taking the piss or not LOL Are you 17 and have just got the lend of daddy's car? ;)

When i ordered my BMW 740iL in 2001 there was a de-chrome option,which i ticked, it did look great, the colour was a very deep Burgundy. I don't know if that exists anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom