• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL500 5.5

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, ML63, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Not eBay, but lovely:

Looking at the MoT history, it could be a polished turd/money pit, though.

You'd think they could have polished up the tailpipes, too.

I viewed it in May 2022 just outside Bournemouth. At the used dealer who was last to stamp the book with an oil change. (I love facelift 5.5 SL500's. I knew them new and I've driven a dozen over the years.)

You've nailed it: that whiff of the cloven hoof.

Fabulous colour but drove dreadfully - steering, suspension and roadholding was all over the place.

Paintwork was scrappy and inconsistent with the nominal mileage of 60k at the time. Pockmarked nose but, more importantly, all kinds of signs of wear around the handles and other touchpoints. May have been some signs of ring damage on the steering wheel - if I remember correctly.

Can't comment on engine and gearbox performance - I drove it about five miles through the Burbs and knew it was rubbish so immediately turned round and took it back.

There was some kind of service history problem - probably just oil services over the last 25k / six years. I didn't bother checking the online MB service history. (MoT tyres perished after the first 10k miles & 5 years seemed odd)

All that said, someone might have fixed everything. But I reckon "unlikely."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom