• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 with 30K miles

Shame it`s missing the AMG kit

Ironside currently has a near identical one but a 1995 model instead with 50k on the clock. He's asking nearly £23k for it.

Be interesting to see what this goes for at auction.

Hmmm...mine's the same colour, has all the kit but not the engine. Idea :D

Looks nice and who said R129's were not going up in value..... Get one in the right condition, the right history and the right mileage....

Certainly a future classic....

Looks nice and who said R129's were not going up in value..... Get one in the right condition, the right history and the right mileage....

They may well become classics, perhaps they already are, but they'll never be rare enough to radically increase in value.

They may well become classics, perhaps they already are, but they'll never be rare enough to radically increase in value.

rare? How about 50 sl60 amg made RHD, if thats not rare i dont know what is.

rare? How about 50 sl60 amg made RHD, if thats not rare i dont know what is.

I was responding to the generic R129 comment rather than the SL60 specifically, but overall I'll stand by my comment, when over 200,000 well engineered cars are made they're unlikely to ever become rare enough to command premium pricing.
The value will generally be in rarity as a marque rather than quality.

stevie, i agree then with your comment then.
However were there not more r107 made as its production span was twice as long?

stevie, i agree then with your comment then.
However were there not more r107 made as its production span was twice as long?
According to Wikipedia there were 300175 R107s against 213089 R129s and I know prices are going up, but I suspect most will have paid significantly more for their car than its now worth and I doubt any are worth more than their cost new....mostly I suspect because they really aren't that rare.

I must confess to having the hots for a yellow R129 for a very long time now.... I know many will say its too loud, too lairy, too bright for an SL, but i love it....

Is a rare colour to see one in.....

If the time ever comes to sell, pm me, I may be in a position to take it off you....

I must confess to having the hots for a yellow R129 for a very long time now.... I know many will say its too loud, too lairy, too bright for an SL, but i love it....

Is a rare colour to see one in.....

If the time ever comes to sell, pm me, I may be in a position to take it off you....

Thanks, if it ever comes to that I'll be only too pleased to offer you first refusal, however with two sons in their twenties who've so annexed its use I haven't driven it for weeks, I think that may be some time in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom