• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL63 B2 service

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
I have just booked my 2019 SL63 in for its B2 service at Brooklands (early September) which is on the service plan. Hopefully the new owners of Brooklands are "up to standard"
Can anybody tell me the full work schedule of a B2 service, have googled it to no avail!!

kc

I think that link is an American MB franchise so May not be the same as a UK schedule
I vaguely remember sparks plugs being changed and the brake fluid being FOC

Not sure though

Kc

I think that link is an American MB franchise so May not be the same as a UK schedule
I vaguely remember sparks plugs being changed and the brake fluid being FOC

Not sure though

Kc
Does the MB ESS system allow you to out the cars details in and tell you what is due ?

That is an excellent link. It also destroys the notion that B service is a major one. The 2 is a couple of minor additions.

It's an executive summary rather than a comprehensive list. I did once the exercise of taking the service manual and comparing the various checks between Service A and Service B, there are quite a few additional checks in Service B but I don't know where's that spreadsheet is now....... lost forever.

Last edited:

This ^^^^

Service B2 is Service B, plus brake fluid change, plus pano roof lubrication.

Also, on some models, the cost of Service B includes the pollen/cabin/dust filter change, I am assuming that that's the case for your SL63 as well or it would have been flagged-up in the Service code as an additional item (it's due every 2 years).

Oh, yes, and if you bring with you both fobs, then they'll change the batteries on both for you, otherwise they'll just change the battery on the one fob and give you the battery for the other to take home and replace yourself.

yep, just checked the ESS and plugs are changed every 4 years and also brake fluid, plus all the usuals

kc

It's an executive summary rather than a comprehensive list. I did once the exercise of taking the service manual and comparing the various checks between Service A and Service B, there are quite a few additional checks in Service B but I don't know where's that spreadsheet is now....... lost forever.
I have a spreadsheet for my CLS55 comparing A, B and MOT.
A plus MOT is way more thorough than B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom