SL63 R231 first indy service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnSL63

Car
SL63 AMG
Hi all,
I posted a few months back regarding a good indy to look after my 2012 SL63 that had previously always been maintained by MB.
By far your recommendations were Prestige Car Service down the A3 in Hordean, although they are 80 mins away from where I live I decided to give them a try.
It was well worth the trip and loan car was provided so I could get home and return back the next day.
They carried out a B service and I also had the Resonators deleted, the car now sounds awesome with more crackles and pops and a great noise when you put your foot down, well worth the £450 inc vat I paid.
I now get a nice little whistle sound when driving slow that I've herd on YouTube on other cars that have had exhaust mods, does anyone know what this is?
Olly gave the car a good going over and recommended a few other bits to be done to bring the car up to AI condition, corroded rear brake pipes, corroded Gearbox Sump Pan and a small oil leak, all will be rectified soon by PCS.
Olly did say that all I needed now was a Re-map costing £350 that would give the car 700BHP - am I brave enough though.
So to sum up I would like to thank everyone who recommended PCS plus a very big thank you to Olly and his team for making me welcome and being so easy to deal with while making my car even more fun to drive.

Glad your experience at PCS was a positive one. Olly knows his stuff.
Having the same engine as your SL, I can confirm a remap will make your car much more responsive and it will be transformed from what is already a great car into something even better.

The whistle you can hear are the turbos spooling up. Even more noticable once the resonator has gone.

You’re in very very safe hands with Olly and PCS 👍🏻

Hi all,
I posted a few months back regarding a good indy to look after my 2012 SL63 that had previously always been maintained by MB.
By far your recommendations were Prestige Car Service down the A3 in Hordean, although they are 80 mins away from where I live I decided to give them a try.
It was well worth the trip and loan car was provided so I could get home and return back the next day.
They carried out a B service and I also had the Resonators deleted, the car now sounds awesome with more crackles and pops and a great noise when you put your foot down, well worth the £450 inc vat I paid.
I now get a nice little whistle sound when driving slow that I've herd on YouTube on other cars that have had exhaust mods, does anyone know what this is?
Olly gave the car a good going over and recommended a few other bits to be done to bring the car up to AI condition, corroded rear brake pipes, corroded Gearbox Sump Pan and a small oil leak, all will be rectified soon by PCS.
Olly did say that all I needed now was a Re-map costing £350 that would give the car 700BHP - am I brave enough though.
So to sum up I would like to thank everyone who recommended PCS plus a very big thank you to Olly and his team for making me welcome and being so easy to deal with while making my car even more fun to drive.
All sounds good - do check with your insurer before you get that remap ... how much will it add to your premium ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom