sl63 X flow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjssl63

Any one out there had the centre cats cut out and an X flow put in to replace...? Thinking of getting it done to my 09 SL63 and wondered if anyone had bothered...and if so was it noticeable....supposed to get 30+ brake plus few more fun bangs and whizz's on downshift....:)))) cheers

According to the spec sheet mine has the performance pack sports exhaust is that any different?

Have a chat with Acid at MSL 0121 772 4455, or Paul at EuroCharged 0203 290 7049

Both guys know exactly what they are talking about!

Cheers,
Robert

According to the spec sheet mine has the performance pack sports exhaust is that any different?

Congratulations, like mine with the PP you have an extra 8 (Yes, eight) BHP, a limited slip diff, and bigger front brake disks & calipers (which is why you have 19" wheels; 18's won't fit!)

From a tuning point of view there is no difference, a remap takes it past the PP BHP anyway.

Cheers :)

Robert

Congratulations, like mine with the PP you have an extra 8 (Yes, eight) BHP, a limited slip diff, and bigger front brake disks & calipers (which is why you have 19" wheels; 18's won't fit!)

From a tuning point of view there is no difference, a remap takes it past the PP BHP anyway.

Robert

Have you found a source for the front discs yet apart from the main agent? I was hoping Tarox would have made replacements but they only make a bespoke disc for the SL 55AMG.
Although I've only had mine a short while I have to say at this moment in time there seems to be adequate power.

Have you found a source for the front discs yet apart from the main agent? I was hoping Tarox would have made replacements but they only make a bespoke disc for the SL 55AMG.
Although I've only had mine a short while I have to say at this moment in time there seems to be adequate power.

i have a ml 63 with 390mm front discs and am also looking for a supplier, also i had my sound resinators took out on mine the other week and although its not to add bhp it sounds like it should now

I did look round for a "Quality German made alternative" and failed! The PP rotors are too rare to be copied, or so it seems...

Anyway, I have been guided by Olly at PCS, an independent Mercedes servicing expert to stick with MB parts. Quality is the main reason, and besides, with brakes I'd rather not take chances.

Replacement PP front rotors & pads ARE an arm and a leg, I admit, but we own £100,000 (new) cars so we can't expect Ford Fiesta servicing bills!

I realise that my view is highly contentious, but it's just that, my view :D

Robert

I did look round for a "Quality German made alternative" and failed! The PP rotors are too rare to be copied, or so it seems...

Anyway, I have been guided by Olly at PCS, an independent Mercedes servicing expert to stick with MB parts. Quality is the main reason, and besides, with brakes I'd rather not take chances.

Replacement PP front rotors & pads ARE an arm and a leg, I admit, but we own £100,000 (new) cars so we can't expect Ford Fiesta servicing bills!

I realise that my view is highly contentious, but it's just that, my view :D

Robert

Not at all and I agree. I recently replaced the discs on my Phaeton with Tarox bespoke discs, the quality was superb and I hoped they made a replacement.
It would appear that there is a monopoly on the supply which does nothing for the price.
Ideally I'd like to get hold of a used pair to enable them to asses as to whether it would be worth them producing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom