Slightly worried...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
I have the interior trim out at the moment, which includes the climate control unit.

Due to being dads taxi I've had to drive without the climate unit attached

The engine fan is permanently on now, and when I say on I mean it's on mega mode.

Somebody please tell me it's related..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the interior trim out at the moment, which includes the climate control unit.

Due to being dads taxi I've had to drive without the climate unit attached

The engine fan is permanently on now, and when I say on I mean it's on mega mode.

Somebody please tell me it's related..

Permanently on as in with engine off?

It probably is ; the fan may also be part of climate control system and some absent signal causing it to be on .

I would only worry if not back to normal when everything back together .

It probably is ; the fan may also be part of climate control system and some absent signal causing it to be on .

I would only worry if not back to normal when everything back together .

Does seem coincidental. Sounds like a jet engine at the moment

Does seem coincidental. Sounds like a jet engine at the moment

If it's only started when you've disconnected it then yes I'd say so

Surely the climate unit can stay plugged in as you'll be wrapping the trim surrounding it or is a single piece on the CLS??

If it's only started when you've disconnected it then yes I'd say so

Surely the climate unit can stay plugged in as you'll be wrapping the trim surrounding it or is a single piece on the CLS??

Single piece.

Just did the logical thing and plugged it back in

All good.

Because you disconnected the climate and this monitors the a/c system pressure and sends a signal to the engine ecu, due the lack of signal, the engine control unit then puts the fan to safety default (flat out).

Because you disconnected the climate and this monitors the a/c system pressure and sends a signal to the engine ecu, due the lack of signal, the engine control unit then puts the fan to safety default (flat out).

Good info thanks. Was just a bit concerned because the wife left the internal light on all night and flattened the battery [emoji17]

It's been acting odd since. Coil light, ABS failure... all gone off now thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom