Slk Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ijmj

Car
2002 CLK 240 Avantgarde - 2005 SLK 200 Kompressor R171
Hi everyone, I know this has been discussed before, but it's new to me, I've moved on from my CLK now have a 2005 SLK 200, lovely car, has an I phone connector in the arm rest and a command unit with sat nav, but I cannot connect my Samsung galaxy via the bluetooth, have been told it should work via the iphone cradle, I pressed the button on that to scan, which my phone picks up, the car finds my phone but simply will not connect, shows on command 'No Code' but have inputted time and time again, after starting from scratch, the different codes suggested eg 62872 or 4 digit made up code, but nothing want I I doing wrong ? please help as with new laws definitely need the hands free option.

From the sounds of it you have a UHI connector in the centre arm rest with an iPhone cradle attached to it. I'd suggest removing the iPhone cradle from the UHI connector then checking Comand to delete any old phones connected to it, as irrespective of the cradle, phones connect to Comand via bluetooth not via the cradle - that simply allows the phone sitting in the cradle to charge and to connect to the car aerial. There's a small button on the cradle that you push down and slide the cradle towards either the back or front of the car (can't remember which) to release the cradle. Once your Samsung can see the Comand the code you need is 62872 (AKA MBUSA!)

On the early R171 models despite the Comand unit having a bluetooth setting it was not enabled. You may get your phone to pair with the head unit but it won't work. Ours was one of the early ones in the UK and the dealer did not know the bluetooth was not enabled. They spent ages trying to "fix"it until giving up and asking Germany. As Richard says you need the bluetooth adapter to fit the UHI connector.

On the early R171 models despite the Comand unit having a bluetooth setting it was not enabled. You may get your phone to pair with the head unit but it won't work. Ours was one of the early ones in the UK and the dealer did not know the bluetooth was not enabled. They spent ages trying to "fix"it until giving up and asking Germany. As Richard says you need the bluetooth adapter to fit the UHI connector.
That bluetooth you see (SNI-xxxxx) is for pairing a headset for privacy when you are on a phone call via a phone that is connected to the UHI connector (i.e physically or vial the bluetooth adapter). Confused more people then it helped so they deleted the facility after a couple of years ..

Hi All, Thanks for the replies, tried what chrishazle suggested, works in part, head unit and phone pair the the head unit shows it's connected but then loses its connectivity but still shows the phone on the system but without the solid square. then simply states insert phone, am I doing something wrong ? any more ideas would be appreciated, Thank in advance.

On the early 171 the phone connects via bluetooth to a bluetooth adapter fitted to the connector in the top of the armrest in place of the cradle. It will not connect directly to the head unit. MB adapter or Viseeo will both work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom