• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Spare wheel Vito 2015 (w447)

Smithy860

Car
W447 vito
Hey all, I was hoping you could help me.

I’ve just bought a SWB 2015 vito but it doesn’t have any spare wheel or any of the bolts covers, fixings or tools !
It has the void under the can and the hole to access the bolt but nothing is there.
Am I being a bit old fashioned wanting a spare wheel?
Does anyone know where I could get a full kit from and tell me if they can carry a full spare rather than a space saver?
Many thanks

Wes

Last edited:
It's possibly not relevant, being an older version, but on the w639 models, there is a full sized spare slung underneath on the LWB (aka std size) & XLWB versions. However on the SWB variant the spare is carried within the load compartment.

Hopefully someone with a W447 will reply! It's pretty reasonable to want a spare IMHO ... our C Class doesn't have one which always makes me feel a bit uneasy. Manufacturers have been dropping them for some time to save weight/space/money and improve the consumption & emissions figures :(

As above though it may be similar to the W639 in that the 'Short' (L1) didn't have enough space behind the back axle for an under-slung spare, so it went inside on most versions. Pretty sure the ones with factory interior panels at the back (e.g. Dualiner with 'comfort pack') didn't get a spare as there was nowhere to hang it.

The 'Long' (L2) had exactly the same wheelbase but was extended behind the axle, and the 'Extra Long' (L3) got a longer wheelbase on top of that. So both of those had under-slung spares:

Vito lengths.jpg

The only exception was the Sport X version with Brabus wheels, which for some reason seemed to come without a spare. Not sure why as the spare was only a 16" steel one on the other versions, even ones with factory alloys.

Hopefully someone with a W447 will reply! It's pretty reasonable to want a spare IMHO ... our C Class doesn't have one which always makes me feel a bit uneasy. Manufacturers have been dropping them for some time to save weight/space/money and improve the consumption & emissions figures :(

As above though it may be similar to the W639 in that the 'Short' (L1) didn't have enough space behind the back axle for an under-slung spare, so it went inside on most versions. Pretty sure the ones with factory interior panels at the back (e.g. Dualiner with 'comfort pack') didn't get a spare as there was nowhere to hang it.

The 'Long' (L2) had exactly the same wheelbase but was extended behind the axle, and the 'Extra Long' (L3) got a longer wheelbase on top of that. So both of those had under-slung spares:

View attachment 158652

The only exception was the Sport X version with Brabus wheels, which for some reason seemed to come without a spare. Not sure why as the spare was only a 16" steel one on the other versions, even ones with factory alloys.
Thanks for that, yes i do prefer a spare. I may need to resign myself to that foamy filling stuff 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom