• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Spark Plugs

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
My spark plugs were due a change at 100,000 miles

I'm on 103,000 miles and not going to be able to get them changed at least for 1-2 months... (time constraints)

At which point I would have driven around 2000-3000 miles..

Is this going to be a problem? How long do they normally last?

I've seen cars at 120k on original plugs?

Cheers
Abs

If it becomes a problem, you'll notice it as the engine will not run right. I think you'll be OK for a couple of thousand miles.

If it becomes a problem, you'll notice it as the engine will not run right. I think you'll be OK for a couple of thousand miles.

What would I notice? Misfiring or shaking?

Misfire or poor throttle response or slightly increased fuel consumption or poor starting or a mixture of all four - so slight they may imperceptible and you have got used to them . At that age of plugs you may notice a distinct improvement in all four aspects when you change em for new. Another 3k on 103,000 will make little difference as has been said if the car is running OK. Getting them out after all this time may be slightly tricky if they have never been taken out!

You might find they are a bit stubborn to take out, but a few 0000 over the recommended 50k intervals isn't a problem.

You might find they are a bit stubborn to take out, but a few 0000 over the recommended 50k intervals isn't a problem.

Cheers that's good to hear :)

Will try get it done asap anyway.

:bannana:

Misfire or poor throttle response or slightly increased fuel consumption or poor starting or a mixture of all four - so slight they may imperceptible and you have got used to them . At that age of plugs you may notice a distinct improvement in all four aspects when you change em for new. Another 3k on 103,000 will make little difference as has been said if the car is running OK. Getting them out after all this time may be slightly tricky if they have never been taken out!

Will keep an eye out for those symptoms
:cool:
Will get changed asap

Cheers
Abs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom