• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sprinter - Boost pressure sensor codes, Limp mode

tcourtneyvincent

Car
Sprinter
Hi there

Hoping someone techy can help me out.

2008 Sprinter 311 engine 646

Goes straight into limp mode (turbo deactivated) from the moment I turn the engine on.

Can get the actuator to move on and off in live data (I have a Icarsoft MB 3.0) so doubt its that.

Getting the following codes all "current and historic" with ignition on and engine off.

010501 B5/1 (Boost Pressure Sensor) - The Signal Voltage Is Too High
010502 B5/1 (Boost Pressure Sensor) - The Signal Voltage Is Too Low / Charge Pressure Is Too Low
010504 B5/1 (Boost Pressure Sensor) - CAN Signal Faulty
010508 B5/1 (Boost Pressure Sensor) - The Atmospheric Pressure Between Component B5/1 (Charge Pressure Sensor) And Component N3/9 (CDI(Common Rail Diesel Injection) Control Unit) Is Implausible.

Have replaced the boost pressure sensor and still no luck.

On live data the boost pressure sensor is reading a fixed 800hpa or Millibar, doesn't shift from this figure from engine on or off, under load or not, which from research I believe it reverts to when signal is implausible.

If I unplug the turbo actuator and plug it back in while its running I can trick the turbo to become fully engaged, which under load the charge pipes go hard so the turbo is functioning.

This is a camper and I have been on the road towing by business around so i'm totally stuffed with it out of action!

Many thanks in advanced!

What voltage do you have on the supply and sisngal wires on the connector of the boost pressure sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom