Sprinter cranks but no start w906 2.1 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nemesis0124

Car
311 sprinter lwb 2007
Just after some advice, ive recently bought a sprinter 206k miles 2.1 cdi 2007 that doesnt run as a project. The guy i bought it from told me the it just cut out and would not start (no idea if thats true or not) Fuel is getting from the tank to high pressure pump but the rail and injectors are dry. Scanned with a generic scanner an only persistent code is p1995 which seems to be glowplug related. Tested relay which works and changed the glowplugs. Wondering which is most likely suspect? High pressure pump, rail, crankshaft sensor,cam sensor or something else. Thanks in advance

Just after some advice, ive recently bought a sprinter 206k miles 2.1 cdi 2007 that doesnt run as a project. The guy i bought it from told me the it just cut out and would not start (no idea if thats true or not) Fuel is getting from the tank to high pressure pump but the rail and injectors are dry. Scanned with a generic scanner an only persistent code is p1995 which seems to be glowplug related. Tested relay which works and changed the glowplugs. Wondering which is most likely suspect? High pressure pump, rail, crankshaft sensor,cam sensor or something else. Thanks in advance
Well this all sounds scary and can be expensive.
Using any scanner of worth with some live data in it, accessed into the high pressure control, you should be able to determine if there is high pressure fuel being delivered at cranking speed to about 256 Bar.
Anything below 220 bar and its doubtful it will do anything.
Now if the high pressure is low, what is the delivery pressure from the tank?. You must have 4 Bar from the in tank pump measured by fitting a through flow pressure gauge at the fuel filter.
If actual supply pressure is good, what about the actual fuel filter? Is it choked up/restricting flow?
If you don t have high pressure fuel injection pressure then the next thing is to see if the injectors are not damaged.
By that I mean have the tips blown off?
OR are they stuck .eroded away internally and cannot hold a pressure?
If you remove the leak off rail and clamp it down near the return connection . Cranking it should show little to no fuel coming out of the injector return stubs.
If it is producing a fountain when cranking, then an injector is stuck open.
Should the injector tips be missing after you have pulled them out, then for sure the HPOP (high pressure pump) has grenaded internally (not unheard off) and sent fine swarf into the entire fuel system.
So far following these simple paths, it might give you some indication of the problem area without spending any money., just using your time.
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom