• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Streaming music via Bluetooth on 2011 GL

Andythegriff

Car
GL350
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to stream music from my phone via Bluetooth through the Command head unit in my 2011 x164 GL?
I can’t find a way to do it and if not then I will resort to the aux Jack lead.
Thanks for any help
Andy

It will depend on the Model of head unit fitted. Do you know what it is?

There are many variations and iterations of COMAND, this looks to be very similar to the NTG1 unit fitted in my W211.

Does it have Bluetooth for telephony? A lot of the basic units did not support music streaming.

There are many variations and iterations of COMAND, this looks to be very similar to the NTG1 unit fitted in my W211.

Does it have Bluetooth for telephony? A lot of the basic units did not support music streaming.
Hi yes it has Bluetooth for telephone which all works really well, it has the 6 disc multi changer/dvd player in it as well.

This provides some unit details, it’s a schedule in regard to a past Nav update

Attachments

• 0389E71E-FF6F-46E9-8DBD-0C5B6AC4FC57.jpeg
    0389E71E-FF6F-46E9-8DBD-0C5B6AC4FC57.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Hi yes it has Bluetooth for telephone which all works really well, it has the 6 disc multi changer/dvd player in it as well.
I think that you have a base unit that doesn't support music streaming hence the Aux socket.

I’m pretty sure it’s an NTG2.5…..

Attachments

• 26E50BEA-5906-446C-85E9-E16C0966BE74.jpeg
    26E50BEA-5906-446C-85E9-E16C0966BE74.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 2
Would a Bluetooth to FM adapter work?
Yes that’s an option or can just plug the phone in via the connector in the glove box. I was just hoping I had missed something and that the functionality could either be turned on via one of the hidden screens I’ve heard about or I just wasn’t getting to the right menu.
Cheers for the input so far

Yes that’s an option or can just plug the phone in via the connector in the glove box. I was just hoping I had missed something and that the functionality could either be turned on via one of the hidden screens I’ve heard about or I just wasn’t getting to the right menu.
Have you got the COMAND manual that came with the car?

I bought one of these for my 2010 S212. Connects to the aux socket in the glove box and provides a bluetooth connection on 'aux' or 'media' (can't remember which one).

ebay: Mercedes Bluetooth Music Adapter

Works a treat.

What kind of adaptor do you have in your glove box?

Is it a basic jack plug socket, or a more sophisticated, optional, MMI style connector - as shown on the left hand side of this bluetooth streaming connector?

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 15.45.21.png

That's the chap; MMI.
Now we’re dancing. You can stream Bluetooth music, Spotify and Waze through that.

I used this in a 2009 E500 with that MMI connection. Worked a peach. It found the car as soon as I sat in the car and enabled me to stream spotify, podcasts, WAZE and activate SIRI.

Nothing unique to this device. There'll be similar products out there. I steer clear of unknown brands but there are plenty of more well known brands out there. MMI is used by MB and Audi.

Any thoughts experience of W212 and bluetooth music streaming from INVERY Airdual-300A ? | Electronics and Audio

Last edited:
If you have Media Interface, then use the Viseeo WMA3000A

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom