• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stuck console cover

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Bit of a long shot, but here goes. S63 AMG Coupe. The sliding cover on the console, that hides the cup holders is stuck. I normally put both house keys & car key in there & close it. However last night when arriving home, the cover would not open. After much:mad: I eventually forced it open & stupidly forced it right back to the fully open position. This morning I had a look at it & it is open by cannot see anyway to release it so that it closes. Any suggestions, sensible preferred.:(

Bit of a long shot, but here goes. S63 AMG Coupe. The sliding cover on the console, that hides the cup holders is stuck. I normally put both house keys & car key in there & close it. However last night when arriving home, the cover would not open. After much:mad: I eventually forced it open & stupidly forced it right back to the fully open position. This morning I had a look at it & it is open by cannot see anyway to release it so that it closes. Any suggestions, sensible preferred.:(
If you do a search on my name you will see I did this very fix just a while ago. About £10 for a replacement and 10 mins to fit

Gollom, thanks for that. Mine is totally different. However, fixed it. Tried levering it, nothing. Gave up, thinking its a main dealer job. Went back a few hours later & had a good look. Noticed at each side there is a triangular shaped piece which appears to slide in a groove. On this piece there is a little trigger, so pushed down on it & it seemed to move, so pushed a lot harder & it clicked & lo & behold the cover slid shut. Result:banana:
Wonder if the main dealer would have done this but charged for a full console strip down. Surely not, they would not be so underhanded :rolleyes::dk:;)IMG_20241002_160011304_HDR.jpgIMG_20241002_160028708_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom