Suggestions on removing 'ghosting' after dealer sticker removed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Petrol lifts most adhesives

I've used Autoglym glass polish in the past to remove these kind of residues. The polish is kind of solvent based anyway (some kind of hydrocarbon) and i've never had an issue with the heating elements if you go cautiously and "with the grain" as it were.

I removed the dealer sticker from the inside of my car after it was in situ for 15 years. In normal circumstances, it is invisible, but on a cold morning, you can see 'ghosting' of where the sticker was located. I've tried all sorts of glass cleaner, and WD40, and paint remover (!), all to no avail. I am reluctant to use anything abrasive like a clay bar as I don't want to damage the heating elements.

Anyone experience this before and how to remove it?

View attachment 90381
Have you tried tar and glue remover using a fine blade or a magic sponge

I removed the dealer sticker from the inside of my car after it was in situ for 15 years. In normal circumstances, it is invisible, but on a cold morning, you can see 'ghosting' of where the sticker was located. I've tried all sorts of glass cleaner, and WD40, and paint remover (!), all to no avail. I am reluctant to use anything abrasive like a clay bar as I don't want to damage the heating elements.

View attachment 90381
You could also try some very fine wire wool with tar and glue remover or window cleaner

Hammer through window,new screen off insurers,no sticker marks. Sorted.

Try toothpaste, don’t laugh, my jeweller friend swears by it.

it’s cheap, easy to control in use and won’t damage the glass. An electric toothbrush will be your best friend to avoid getting wrist cramps.

PS there’s no need for Listerene afterwards!

Try toothpaste, don’t laugh, my jeweller friend swears by it.

it’s cheap, easy to control in use and won’t damage the glass. An electric toothbrush will be your best friend to avoid getting wrist cramps.

PS there’s no need for Listerene afterwards!
I used toothpaste once to remove a bumper scuff on a hire car (non-fault!) - it does work a treat.

View attachment 90381

Over many years I have successfully used Sticky Label Remover available from hardware stores, fabric shops & stationers. In tins or betters still as a spray.
Why the heck should customers be free adverts. I detest dealer stickers whether they be on windows or stuck over previous dealer signs on number plates. There was a time when car dealers even created their little plastic badges stuck on the boot panels e.g. Hendy Ford or the more up-market Hawthorns in Farnham.
The very first job EVERY time I was supplied with a new car or purchased my own car was to remove every evidence of the company who supplied them, even replacing the number plates if necessary.

Over many years I have successfully used Sticky Label Remover available from hardware stores, fabric shops & stationers. In tins or betters still as a spray.
Why the heck should customers be free adverts. I detest dealer stickers whether they be on windows or stuck over previous dealer signs on number plates. There was a time when car dealers even created their little plastic badges stuck on the boot panels e.g. Hendy Ford or the more up-market Hawthorns in Farnham.
The very first job EVERY time I was supplied with a new car or purchased my own car was to remove every evidence of the company who supplied them, even replacing the number plates if necessary.
I'm glad it's not just me....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom