• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sunbeds! 🙄

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Last day of our hols, so up at silly o'clock to get the sunbeds we like, there's 12 of us so got 12 beds, only s'pose to get them from 8 o'clock onwards but quickly learned from day 1 that was a load of cobblers, so day 2 and up at 6 o'clock to get the beds we like, and got them every day since, except yesterday, I slept in till 6.30 and missed them, so today I was on a mission, now I know that no bed is yours, but you do tend to pick a Spot and stick to it, so anyway got our spots so Happy days. 😎🙂👍

Last day of our hols, so up at silly o'clock to get the sunbeds we like, there's 12 of us so got 12 beds, only s'pose to get them from 8 o'clock onwards but quickly learned from day 1 that was a load of cobblers, so day 2 and up at 6 o'clock to get the beds we like, and got them every day since, except yesterday, I slept in till 6.30 and missed them, so today I was on a mission, now I know that no bed is yours, but you do tend to pick a Spot and stick to it, so anyway got our spots so Happy days. 😎🙂👍
Are you up against ze Germans?!

Didn't think you had to resort to such measures in Skegness Tony? ;)

(Enjoy the last day of your hols 😎)

Using a towel to reserve a sunbed is soooo yesterday.
The modern way is to load it up with books, suntan lotion, drinks and food for the day!:cool:

Northerners bagging the sunbeds at 6 in the morning.
Oh dear. I’d keep quiet about that. 😏

One place we stayed made a big point about 'sunbed allocation' etc etc. Sounded good.

But it was in Spain and all of the poolside attendants were about 12 years old . So the 'rules' were studiously ignored by all :p.

Life is too short to worry about getting a sunbed by the pool . Get a private Villa.

One place we stayed made a big point about 'sunbed allocation' etc etc. Sounded good.

But it was in Spain and all of the poolside attendants were about 12 years old . So the 'rules' were studiously ignored by all :p.

Life is too short to worry about getting a sunbed by the pool . Get a private Villa.

Now you’re speaking my language.

I love camping (in comfort) & my wife likes sleeping under the stars but, there has to be 5 of them.

We were in Side, Antalya at beginning of July. First week was fine, sunbeds were available until around 9am, the second week however the madness ensued, all the beds taken by 7.30am……and not a soul to be seen! We usually go to Cyprus every October, the hotel we go to has sunbed allocation, you get allocated a sunbed each for your entire stay, a fantastic idea and makes such a difference knowing you don’t have to awake at silly o clock to get a sunbed.

For those who weren't watching TV 28 years ago:

(And yes, it's in poor taste. Thank god we've replaced the war with the EU, eh?)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
For those who weren't watching TV 28 years ago:

(And yes, it's in poor taste. Thank god we've forgotten the war.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great ad (I remember it well) and I’m sure our German friends see the funny side of it.

We were in Side, Antalya at beginning of July. First week was fine, sunbeds were available until around 9am, the second week however the madness ensued, all the beds taken by 7.30am……and not a soul to be seen! We usually go to Cyprus every October, the hotel we go to has sunbed allocation, you get allocated a sunbed each for your entire stay, a fantastic idea and makes such a difference knowing you don’t have to awake at silly o clock to get a sunbed.
I would of collected all towels and left them in a big pile.

Some sad sad people out there

In Skiathos the new trend is to reserve/pay for your sunbed on the beach with the sunbed man the night before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom