Sunroofs & Cabriolets !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
Whilst looking for pics of cars with flags on , I came across the following pictures . Unfortunately the other thread regarding sunroofs has been locked so I thought I'd share them here - not meant to be too serious :bannana:

Seems like they're ALL at it !

DrKandJFK1962.jpg

Ike_Adenauer.jpg

Konradinparade.jpg

Webasto50s.jpg

This chap seems to be getting a steadying hand from bystanders ...

hitler.jpg

And - the 'piece de resistance' ...

VW042255.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but to Pammy's point; the majority of the people in those photos are dead...

PJ

imadoofus said:
Yes, but to Pammy's point; the majority of the people in those photos are dead...

PJ

pmsl :D :D :D

Indeed !

Perhaps it is relevant that JFK died whilst sitting in an open-topped car ?

However , I doubt that any of them actually died as a result of an accident in one of those cars .

Well, the man in the 5th picture has ruined it for everyone.

Now nobody can sit in the back of a 4 seater convertible Mercedes while sporting a moustache without looking highly dubious...

'Specially if the car is black !

I've been considering a convertible for the wife over the past few weeks as she keeps bleating on about one.
Last week two incidents happened locally that has put her off I think.
The first a Pug 206cc flipped on the A10 near us and the poor girl driving is now missing part of her skull and her hair, unfortunately my wife knows her so is still quite upset.
The next was just up the road from us in waltham cross with a woman sitting at the lights in a BMW 3-Series convertible. Two men just jumped in held a kniife to her and forced her to drive to Epping forest where they raped her, left her for dead and stole the car.
Kinda makes you wonder what sort of world we live in:(

marcos said:
a Pug 206cc flipped on the A10 near us and the poor girl driving is now missing part of her skull and her hair, unfortunately my wife knows her so is still quite upset.

Blimey don't they have (ugly but cheap) fixed roll hoops behind the seats, was she strapped in?

She was strapped in and her head didn't actually make contact with the ground. Apparently it was just all the gravel and debris thrown up by the windscreen as it slid along that caused the injurys.

Yikes. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

DolphiN Tech said:
Well, the man in the 5th picture has ruined it for everyone.

Now nobody can sit in the back of a 4 seater convertible Mercedes while sporting a moustache without looking highly dubious...

Actually, if you ask me, any bloke sporting a 'tache looks highly dubious....:D

"'Sporting' a 'tache" is a curious phrase.

"wielding a..."
"Afflicted by..."
"attached to the back of a..."

marcos said:
I've been considering a convertible for the wife over the past few weeks as she keeps bleating on about one.
Last week two incidents happened locally that has put her off I think.
The first a Pug 206cc flipped on the A10 near us and the poor girl driving is now missing part of her skull and her hair, unfortunately my wife knows her so is still quite upset.
The next was just up the road from us in waltham cross with a woman sitting at the lights in a BMW 3-Series convertible. Two men just jumped in held a kniife to her and forced her to drive to Epping forest where they raped her, left her for dead and stole the car.
Kinda makes you wonder what sort of world we live in:(

I saw the 206cc incident when I was stuck in traffic because of it...saw the convert. When I came home, first thing I said to my sister was 'Kid, I ain't ever letting you buy a convert, ever.'

Unless they make some sort of Roof airbag to protect the head in a roll over...which seems unlikely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom