Switching electric windows to manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iustinig

Car
W202 1995 c180 1799cm3, 4 cylinders
Hello .
I have a 1995 c180 , w202, that I want to restore.
I bought a c220 w202 1994 for spare parts .
I had to switch the door because it was In good condition .
I want to switch the window assembly without taking the who.thing apart . Is it possible . Judging by the photos , there is a place there for it . First photo manual , second electric.
Thanks 20201114_174629.jpg20201115_104935.jpg

The electric motor at least will have to be removed and replaced with the manual winding mechanism, so see if you can find anything on the internet about replacing the window motor; that will tell you how much work is involved. I'm almost certain that it will all have to be dismantled, but at least you won't need to reset the electric windows afterwards...

Hi,
What year was the new door from? If from a face lift 202 then you may might have some issues, but if it visually looks the same then you will almost certainly be ok.
But something you might not have considered if the door has been sourced from a face lift car is that there was a difference in the door cards and their fixings.
When i fitted a face lift door cards to my pre-face lift door, I had to drill out a bracket and drill a couple of more holes for self tappers for securing the door card.
Cant remember the exact process but it will be quite self explanatory what you need to do,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom