Tar "spray" on my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not a fan of it either.......but gear oil is the worse....smell like something has died and stays on you hands for days!!!

Last time I did that, she slapped me.....
Last time I did that, she helped me out of a Boxster.

But then I had just put my back out.

But then I can't walk past a Mk2 Jaguar without leaning over and giving it a good sniff.
And that m'Lord is the case for the defence...... 😎

Last edited:
But then I can't walk past a Mk2 Jaguar without leaning over and giving it a good sniff.

Notwithstanding DSM10000's comment, but I get what you mean. :)

Even after 20+ years in the garage, if I open the door on my RS2000 it has a familiar smell I remember when my parents used to give me a lift in it.

Back to the OP's problem; I have used Panel wipe to remove tar, though it was more convenience since I happen to have a 5 litre can for when I'm spraying guitars and (eventually) my car. That and a few microfibres would get it off and not leave a nasty smell or oil/grease behind like WD40 or similar might. You'd have to put a coat of wax/sealant on the car anyway so at least the panel wipe would strip off any traces of the old wax as well (another use I have for it).

Autosmart Tardis does wonders; you can check the Autosmart website and see who your local rep is in your area and possibly purchase of them?

Autosmart Tardis does wonders; you can check the Autosmart website and see who your local rep is in your area and possibly purchase of them?
Active ingredient Xylene and can be bought at a fraction of the price of 'branded' products

@Gollom , what happened in the end ?
All sorted. We have a really good car wash near by and he did a great job for £18 including a waxing.

LOL! Nah, watched him like a hawk. He actually seemed to take pride in what he was doing which in my experience for these places is unusual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom