Thanks and farewell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im also going to weld the doors shut and get the dukes of hazard horn.

Talking about the dukes, Ive never been able to find chicken drumsticks the size of the ones being eaten by boss hogg.

the ZO6 roof does not come off. That is the C6 and anyway this car lapped the nurbugring in 8 and a bit secs so corners is not really a problem. It is a bit on the wide side though

#

Does size really matter (new thread please!)

Had a ride on a track day on a 1 year old vette earlier in this year - god its wide!:eek:

It's all in your perception :eek:

The C6 is the same width as the 997 Porsche !!!!
Z06 is three inches wider due the the massive rear tires.

Cost wise the Corvette is the least expensive super car that one can purchase.
The 2008 C6 is using a new LS3 motor which produces about 40 more HP.

These are extremely fast and incredible handling vehicles for the money.

I bought an 06 C6 over an SL55, AM DB9 and Maserati.............cost one third to one half of the latter mentioned !!! ;)

C6-11.jpg

the ZO6 roof does not come off. That is the C6 and anyway this car lapped the nurbugring in 8 and a bit secs so corners is not really a problem. It is a bit on the wide side though

Bl**dy Hell that thing shifts. 14 miles in 8 seconds...that's 10,000 mph.!:eek:

Actually it is 6300mph
Nice one mate LOL sorry apologies.
8 and a bit mins:bannana:
so used to saying secs in cars

Last edited:
It's all in your perception
eek.gif

The C6 is the same width as the 997 Porsche !!!!

Z06 is three inches wider due the the massive rear tires.

Cost wise the Corvette is the least expensive super car that one can purchase.
The 2008 C6 is using a new LS3 motor which produces about 40 more HP.

These are extremely fast and incredible handling vehicles for the money.

I bought an 06 C6 over an SL55, AM DB9 and Maserati.............cost one third to one half of the latter mentioned !!!
wink.gif

How have you got on with the interior? Yes it isnt actually that much bigger than lots of other sports cars other than at the rear. Ive even managed to find an insurer for less than £1200 a year, bargain!

Ive also heard from good sources they've been lapping under 8 mins with no modifications which is spectacular id say.

Do you mind if I pm you with a couple of questions?

thanks

I had a Canadian (illegal in California) Corvette L82, a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, a Mustang GT, a Lincoln Continental, a Mercury Cougar XR7 and several other American cars while living in the USA. I also drove literally dozens of other American vehicles courtesy of Ford & GM warranties when my own cars broke down (about once a week).

They were far & away the most unreliable pieces of poo I've ever had the misfortune to own or drive. Styled for people who are dead, technically decades out of date with joke plasticy interiors which would come apart in your hands. Serious driving was taking your life in your hands.

If you are designing cars 95% of which are sold in a domestic market where the national speed limit is low (until a few years ago 55 mph) & ruthlessly enforced you don't need to worry about how they perform, handle, endure at real world speeds. And it shows.

Hope your experiment works out.

Last edited:
The space shuttle burns half a ton of fuel a second, I'm hoping your not too lean flying machine is slightly more economical?:devil: :D :)

In truth I am slightly envious but looks wise I much prefer the proper Corvettes.
1968-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Convertible-Poster-A-640.jpeg

so its 0-60 is quicker than the Delorean on "Back to the Future"...it gets there before its left....

I had a Canadian (illegal in California) Corvette L82, a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, a Mustang GT, a Lincoln Continental, a Mercury Cougar XR7 and several other American cars while living in the USA. I also drove literally dozens of other American vehicles courtesy of Ford & GM warranties when my own cars broke down (about once a week).

They were far & away the most unreliable pieces of poo I've ever had the misfortune to own or drive. Styled for people who are dead, technically decades out of date with joke plasticy interiors which would come apart in your hands. Serious driving was taking your life in your hands.

If you are designing cars 95% of which are sold in a domestic market where the national speed limit is low (until a few years ago 55 mph) & ruthlessly enforced you don't need to worry about how they perform, handle, endure at real world speeds. And it shows.

Hope your experiment works out.

So you're a fan of American Muscle cars I see..............:bannana:

The downside being.????

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled

so used to saying secs in cars

Make sure you use a condom.

Had to read it out alound ....then couldn't stop laughing....brilliant reply:D :D :D :D

How have you got on with the interior? Yes it isnt actually that much bigger than lots of other sports cars other than at the rear. Ive even managed to find an insurer for less than £1200 a year, bargain!

Ive also heard from good sources they've been lapping under 8 mins with no modifications which is spectacular id say.

Do you mind if I pm you with a couple of questions?

thanks

Interior space is more then adequate, but you may find fault with the quality and durability of the materials used.
Most Vet owners complain about this,but the initial cost of the vehicle is comparitively so low that they can afford to retrim a new car !!!

I've owned many very fast cars over my lifetime including original "muscle cars" purchased in the sixties and seventies.
The stock C6 is "scary" fast and handles as well as any Euro car....the Z06 is beyond belief !!!:D

No problem with PM's, would be glad to assist.
If you really want "knowledge", then join:

www.corvetteforum.com

The C6 section is very active both in general posts and technicals.
I've done a lot of DIY posts for body and interior mods.

I joined this forum because I recently installed a TurboTechnics twin turbo kit that I obtained from Merc dealer "Hughes of Beaconsfield" for 1000 pounds sterling, including large bore stainless steel exhaust.

Prior to purchase I communicated with some U.K. owners of W124's with the TurboTechnics install.
Forums are a great way of exchanging info !!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom