The 202 Project 56k warning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
as for rubbing, there was a load of plastic in the arches which had to be ripped out in order to prevent rubbing, only get rubbing when taking harsh corners now.

As for the wheels i was thinkin of getting something like the antreas too, but 19x9.5/10 (rears) would need arch modding for sure. i'll try and paintshop pro it for you...

Shiraz

Right that does it! I'm having 18" styling IIs this time, had 17" on the last car and they just weren't big enough!

I think there are quite a few of us with the 18" staggered AMGs now!

Off the top of my head, Alps has had them for ages, Mick? with a C36 had some, Mamoor Dewan on his C43 and I am sure I have forgotton someone else! (plus Shiraz!)

I picked mine up from ebay last summer - were a good price too! :)

I am 99.999% rub-free on my car. Wearing 225/40/18s on the front and 255/35/18s on the back. Not sure if this is because of the factory code that came with my car:

"774 Shell modification for AMG-wheels"

The only piece that ever rubbed was on full lock to the right, but only whilst reversing. Discovered that there was a tiny, tiny mark on the plastic arch liner (5mm round?) and this hasn't happened since. I think the liner might have been slightly loose or something and shifted a few mm! No problems at the moment though, and tyre wear is ok.

If I do say so myself they are great. IMHO they really make the car.

When I sold my last W202 to a friend, I let the 17" Staggered AMG wheels go with it (including a fifth spare 7.5" for the front). I slightly regretted it a first as I thought that they were fairly hard to come by (especially with a proper AMG as a spare!), but as soon as I bought the new C230K, there was only one alternative - go one better and buy the 18s.

I think they would look great on your car. If you keep your old wheels, you can always do what I didn't, namely take them off before you sell it!

Cheers,

Will

P.S, car looks great Shiraz :cool: - what model was it before you started?

Will said:
I think they would look great on your car. If you keep your old wheels, you can always do what I didn't, namely take them off before you sell it!
My old wheels are having some Pirelli SnowSports fitted to them next week for winter use, so I will need some new rims for use in the other months. I had 7.5x17 front 8.5x17 rear AMG styling IIs on my last car and they looked great so 18" is only going to look better, especially with the deeper polished lip! :)

They will look good with the AMG styling pack and exhaust I plan to fit as well :)

Shude said:
My old wheels are having some Pirelli SnowSports fitted to them next week for winter use, so I will need some new rims for use in the other months. I had 7.5x17 front 8.5x17 rear AMG styling IIs on my last car and they looked great so 18" is only going to look better, especially with the deeper polished lip! :)

They will look good with the AMG styling pack and exhaust I plan to fit as well :)

Yep, you got it! Imagine how good the staggered 17s looked and add another 30% of wow factor (in my obscure way of thinking!) :D

The rears are lovely - that 18" wheel, 9" wide has a lovely big polished lip to clean and admire! 255 tyres gives you some pretty nice meat on the road too.

I must be sad but I enjoy cleaning my wheels - very therapeutic, and great to turn round and admire afterwards.

The only thing I would add is that original AMG wheels seem to blister up pretty quick from what I have seen? Sort of milky under the lacquer! Mine were not "Brand New", but they had all been refurbished to as good as new. No one would ever know that they were not brand new, I compared them side by side with a brand new 17" wheel that I have and the paint and polished rim looks identical.

Company that was used was 'Lepsons' (not by me though) who are based in Kent for anyone interested (One of the biggest wheel refurbishers - they turn around 25,000 wheels a year :cool: )

And the finishing touch has to be the proper chromed star center caps! :bannana:

Cheers,

Will

2 more pics

DSCF1809.JPG

DSCF1806.JPG

ohhhhh ! luvly, but those beams look like xenons ! are those cobalt bulbs you have on ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom