• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

There’s a Ghost in the Machine

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
The external proximity sensors on my W169 A Class were acting oddly: in either very wet or cold conditions, on the very last moment of braking the internal audible and visual warnings regularly alerted me to a problem outside.

On getting the issue identified and resolved at my local Mercedes Service Centre, they discovered that my Car's software was expecting an attached Tow Bar, so that when I braked it was expecting a connection to a trailer.

I've owned the Car for over 12 years and have not once had a Tow Bar attached - let alone allowed a Trailer anywhere near my vehicle. Unless there was a malevolent ghostly creature that had taken-up residence within my A Class no one can explain how this unexpected change in software behaviour had occurred.

The external proximity sensors on my W169 A Class were acting oddly: in either very wet or cold conditions, on the very last moment of braking the internal audible and visual warnings regularly alerted me to a problem outside.

On getting the issue identified and resolved at my local Mercedes Service Centre, they discovered that my Car's software was expecting an attached Tow Bar, so that when I braked it was expecting a connection to a trailer.

I've owned the Car for over 12 years and have not once had a Tow Bar attached - let alone allowed a Trailer anywhere near my vehicle. Unless there was a malevolent ghostly creature that had taken-up residence within my A Class no one can explain how this unexpected change in software behaviour had occurred.
I have always been under the impression that Ghosts cannot interfere with physical things such a Buttons and Switches, in order to install Software Changes a "Mark One Human" must get involved in the Process!;):rolleyes::confused:

I was being facetious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom