• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

This Thing Is P*ssing Me Off!!!!!

donv

Car
clk cabrio 230k
hey guys,

i hope some one can help driving around in my clk cab the last month everything is hunky dorey the next thing i know is when i switch the light on the instrument guage lights only half up so i pull to the side abit confused :confused: to as to what i did i switched the car off and then on every thing fine and just put it to the back of my head and carried on

i woke up this morning running late (heavy night) as it was a bit dark i switched the lights on and there you have it in all it's glory back to haunt me :devil: half the display is not lighting up only fuel gauge and half the speedo up till 60 mph every thing else is fine now i suppose it could be the bulb but that should effect the temp gauge too (should'nt it) so i am getting a little bit pissed off with this now switched it on and off several times and yep it's still there

can anyone help before i take it to the stealer

p.s it is not that bad it seems if half the light is on but dimmer than the rest it is niggly more than anything else as just want to keep my baby sweet you all know wat i mean

later

don

Some of the bulbs light more than one section.When I changed a bulb I to had to thump the RH side of the dash to get the thing to light up when I reinstalled the unit !

adam

thumping worked

cheers guy's

i quick thumoing did the job it amazing what a quick whack can do

cheers

don

:bannana:

Don,

for the first 6 months of owning my car ,i had a little routine at night.....

1) start car
2) turn lights on
3) WHACK left hand side of instrument cluster to get display lights on
4) repeat 3 as many times as neccessary

in the end i had the clucter out and wiggled the bulb and all is well now !!

Good luck mate...

H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom