• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tick Toc, Tick Toc.

zxrichie

Car
ML350
Hi Guys , the problem is simple, but i'm finding out the solution can be a right Beatch.!! So bought a 2010 ML350 V6 Diesel. few issues but thats life , they'll get sorted. However. i never thought changing the time would be so difficult. you got it , its got a replacement head unit with issues of its own, but it means i cant change the time, and my wife is going pottier than ever.
Tried all the usual, except the fuse removal didn't work and haven't got round to finding the battery, So 2 things , is the Command unit THAT bad!.. also does anyone local to the Cambridge area have a command unit gathering dust that i could take a trip and do an install and change my Time!!! Anyone!!

If i do get it sorted does anyone have any recommendations for head units , as i said this ones got other problems.

Many thanks

Rich

I've just had a thought, one of my old mercs was a CLK320 with a 1U radio/cassette (yeah that old) well i may still have this and a question is, if it can be plugged into my ML350 would it be able to change the clock.....just a thought.

Thanks

Hi Guys , the problem is simple, but i'm finding out the solution can be a right Beatch.!! So bought a 2010 ML350 V6 Diesel. few issues but thats life , they'll get sorted. However. i never thought changing the time would be so difficult. you got it , its got a replacement head unit with issues of its own, but it means i cant change the time, and my wife is going pottier than ever.
Tried all the usual, except the fuse removal didn't work and haven't got round to finding the battery, So 2 things , is the Command unit THAT bad!.. also does anyone local to the Cambridge area have a command unit gathering dust that i could take a trip and do an install and change my Time!!! Anyone!!

If i do get it sorted does anyone have any recommendations for head units , as i said this ones got other problems.

Many thanks

Rich
Just tell her it will have the correct time after March this year. Do ya feel lucky punk - well do ya? :)

I believe that your car is equipped with COMAND NTG4, the one with the large PCMCIA slot, and I further believe that VIN-locking (for both the HU, and the maps) was only introduced as of NTG4.5, and so swapping your NTG4 HU with another shouldn't be an issue. That been, I don't actually have a car with NTG4 so can't help.

Simply disconnect your battery at 11:59 and re-connect it at midday.

Or, if you have a garage with lighting, do it at midnight.

Killer, that is my last resort, i mean after MarkJay's answer i think i'm going to have to (...... so can't help.) couldn't stop laughing!!!

Killer , love your YouTube channel, hang on, are you in Cambs?, the one in the UK?

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom