Time/Date sub menu missing????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RGRA

Car
CLK 320 CDI Sport
Went to set my clock and followed instructions in manual only to discover that I apparently do not have a Time/Date sub-menu. It does not have the command system, so not waiting for a GPS sync. What to do??

Any thoughts most welcome

Just found out previous owner had removed the command system and replaced with standard radio set up. Sooooo think I have to hook up STAR and restore the date/time function. Bit annoying.

Just found out previous owner had removed the command system and replaced with standard radio set up. Sooooo think I have to hook up STAR and restore the date/time function. Bit annoying.
I have the same issue. Also started a thread on it. I disconnected the battery shortly before 12 and reconnected it at 12pm. It will reset to 12. Job done. Doing that twice a year is bearable. The bill for hooking up Star for 30 seconds to recode isn't!!! ;)

Yes might replace it with a C63 :)
WRT Command system - did have a look but V expensive. Will probably do the battery thing. Not an urgent issue, just one of a few niggles

Do it at 12 midday, not midnight. Disconnect about 5 minutes before the hour.

Just fyi, on my clk the time was set through the comand menu.
Twice a year it had to be adjusted when the clocks changed, it never dit it automatically.
But if I disconnected/reconnected the battery - which was done a few times in my ownership - after a few seconds the clock would always set itself to the correct time even if it had been left for several hours.
Could be worth a try.

Thanks Ted/Edd/Renault appreciate your input on this. Battery disconnect it is!!
Cheers:cool:

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom