Tip Tiptronic steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocious

Car
2005 E200 1.8 kompressor
Is it possible to fit the E55 AMG steering wheel to my E200k and have the tiptronic steering wheel functionality, is there a DIY

Does your car already have Tiptronic? if not, its technically possible... but likely will cost more than your car to install...

Fitted a paddle shift steering wheel to my non paddle shift CLS , it then had to be coded by someone who knows what they are doing and has the proper equipment to do so.

If the paddle shift option was not available on your car then it maybe a larger (more expensive) job than mine was.

Shifts are no quicker than the gearbox changing on its own so if millisecond shifting is what you are looking for then sell both kidneys and buy a 458 Ferrari as you wont get it with the stock MB gearbox.

K

Fitted a paddle shift steering wheel to my non paddle shift CLS , it then had to be coded by someone who knows what they are doing and has the proper equipment to do so.

If the paddle shift option was not available on your car then it maybe a larger (more expensive) job than mine was.

Shifts are no quicker than the gearbox changing on its own so if millisecond shifting is what you are looking for then sell both kidneys and buy a 458 Ferrari as you wont get it with the stock MB gearbox.

K
Thanks, need to replace the steering wheel, was thinking of the upgrade as a option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom