• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tire Pressure Sensor

reacyprus

Car
C Class
Just having the wheels refurbished and new tires fitted on my W204 C Class 300 CDI 2007
Initially the garage doing the work advised me that the wheel refurb would mean the Tire Pressure sensors wouldn't function, they explained that each wheel has a sensor and these are removed during the process of refurbishment, on removing the wheels they advised me that my wheels don't have sensors fitted to the wheels and they are located behind the wheel arch, can anyone advise me on this, if possible I would like to have the tire pressure sensors working ?

There are no tyre pressure sensors behind the wheel arch. Your car will use the ABS sensors to trigger low pressure warning. As pressure drops the rolling radius changes and this is the trigger for low tyre pressure warning.

Hi, thank you for your reply, new to the website so just finding my way around, so having the whhels refurbished will not advserley effect the Tire Pressure sensors, am I right please, KR Ralph

Hi, thank you for your reply, new to the website so just finding my way around, so having the whhels refurbished will not advserley effect the Tire Pressure sensors, am I right please, KR Ralph

No, chances are they are normal rubber valves anyway. As said your car will only detect a flattish tyre via the abs sensors . A tyre that's lost air wont turn as fast as a blown up tyre.

Welcome reacyprus

I am amused to see you joined on 21st June 2015. but this is your first post. I know Repton, Derbyshire very well - but from your spelling of "Tire" I assume that you are from Repton, Conecuh County, Alabama.

No, chances are they are normal rubber valves anyway. As said your car will only detect a flattish tyre via the abs sensors . A tyre that's lost air wont turn as fast as a blown up tyre.
Thank you for the information and taking the time tp respond.

There are no tyre pressure sensors behind the wheel arch. Your car will use the ABS sensors to trigger low pressure warning. As pressure drops the rolling radius changes and this is the trigger for low tyre pressure warning.
Hi, many thanks for your reply and taking the time to respond.

Welcome reacyprus

I am amused to see you joined on 21st June 2015. but this is your first post. I know Repton, Derbyshire very well - but from your spelling of "Tire" I assume that you are from Repton, Conecuh County, Alabama.
Hi, no I am fro Repton Derbyshire, always spelt it loke that ?

The rolling radius changes as pressure drops so that wheel turns faster and the ABS picks up the signal from the reluctor ring.

The rolling radius changes as pressure drops so that wheel turns faster and the ABS picks up the signal from the reluctor ring.
Thank you for the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom