• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Top Gear Tonight

Palmball

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi R8 V10+ & BMW M5
At least some of the show has potential to be mildly interesting - it features the AMG GT tonight :D

Should fare well given the GT is Top Gear magazines sports car of the year.

Thanks.

Last months TG mag (or previous month?) had a decent write up on the car.

Hey they don't call it's done by email check your spam just in case

Palmball I see you have an SLS. Do you know how many they sold in the UK?

I thought it was crap, but watched it just so that I could complain anyway.....

I can predict the future.....

Palmball I see you have an SLS. Do you know how many they sold in the UK?

I think in the UK, across all variations, they sold just under 400. Around 80% coupes and 20% roadsters.

I don't have the SLS anymore - I sold it back in November when I ordered a GT. I'm currently driving whatever loan car my local dealer can give me until the GT comes. Can't complain though - I'm currently rocking around in a new A45 AMG for free :D

They liked it. Not sure but I thought I saw mr Williams (vmax) in the crowd as they summed it up.

AMG GT looks very nice, I'm sure the review would have been totally different with Jeremy behind the wheel though.

It was actually quite a good episode of Top Gear too.

I was not impressed by the noise of the GT. It seemed very muted compared to the current offerings.

I saw them filming the i8 at the services. The M3 was there as well looking very lonely as it was completely ignored.

Wow 400 units total. If you had 10-20 years to wait the SLS will be worth a lot of money. It took that long for the BMW Z8 to start going up.

Good show - plenty of cars.

I thought Clarkson's knock of the knockers was funny.

I enjoyed it, and I have far fewer doubts on how the new AMG looks, it certainly appears to be a cracking car.

The roads that were shown in TG are not the actual route from M1 / A64 / A169 to Whitby - as normal for TV shows..

Also glad they didn't reveal the "true" driving roads up there so I can still enjoy overtaking 15+ cars in one go in absolute safety :D

At least JC didn't prattle on about the local barghest that "hounds" the locals from time to time :eek:

Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it tonight. Felt like a proper car programme.
What struck me was just how dowdy and staid the latest M3 looked against the I8 - what a looker, but a shock on the fuel consumption.

Best episode for years. Loved the i8 - want one now!
As for the AMG GT - the back looks Porsche ish. Otherwise - not bad.
He slagged off the gull wing doors of the SLS but didnt say a dickie bird about same on the i8. (Admittedly not quite as bad but the same idea)

Best episode for years. Loved the i8 - want one now!
As for the AMG GT - the back looks Porsche ish. Otherwise - not bad.
He slagged off the gull wing doors of the SLS but didnt say a dickie bird about same on the i8. (Admittedly not quite as bad but the same idea)

Yeah gullwing versus scissor doors I guess :confused:

That was a positive review, but given what I've seen elsewhere I expected that.

What I didn't expect was a mid-1:17's track time.....that's truly outrageous!

There hasn't been a car this side of a hypercar which has gone round that track quicker. It's comfortably the least powerful car at around that time, which bodes well for the chassis's capabilities.

It was up to two seconds faster than things like the 458, 997 GT2, Enzo, Zonda, Careera GT.....compared to similar priced cars it's over 4 seconds faster than the R8 V10 (admittedly done in the damp), 997 GT3 and 911 Turbo. Impressive stuff, especially given I suspect it'll still be a very refined car to rock about in as a daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom