Touring: My best of Scotland - Westhighlands and Cairngorms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nope, thats what I ate. I never fully explained on here my love of eating....

They have been said to name me the "meat seeking missile". I know that sounds a bit broke back mountain but I really can eat for Britain. Its all I talk about you know on facebook...food

I thought of you when on holiday.

P1030625.jpg

Got another pic for someone, from the same Town.

P1030632.jpg

And we had an interesting experience one day. The lad turned straight across the road and into our car, head on. You can see where he's cleaned the dust off on his way over to the road.

P1030786.jpg

And got to see how Policing is done. They kept turning up and driving off again... :D

P1030789.jpg

Took your regi plate off too. Should have turned up to a GTG in a shopping centre late at night, you'd have made loads of like minded friends...

Wonderful stuff. Stunning photography. Thank you for taking the time to share. Hope your new Merc continues to give you the reliability you have been searching for.

Wonderful stuff. Stunning photography. Thank you for taking the time to share. Hope your new Merc continues to give you the reliability you have been searching for.

Touch wood so far its been great. I've treated her to a wash. 3k miles touring and no wash, she deserves it.

Being a 220cdi and 5g the odds are stacked in my favour, you do read of less issues with them. Its such an underrated thing reliability and car wise, I have had three months of peace since having it. No mishaps, as yet anyway

**** such an underrated thing reliability and car wise,

Couldn't agree more. That "get in and turn the key with no problems" thing is very appealing.

Couldn't agree more. That "get in and turn the key with no problems" thing is very appealing.

Its fabulous. I no longer feel nervous when driving will it or will it not get there. It just does....so far anyway.

No trips to the garage unschedualed, no rust to see, just a nice comfty capable car to drive that makes me grin. All in all, a damned good purchase.

Oh, OBC fuel economy for 3k miles is 40.6mpg. The shed averaged 37mpg and would usually do 650miles on 80 litres which approx is 37mpg. The new car I struggle for 600 miles and usually fill after 550, which is 38mpg. Not a huge difference but I bought it for reliability and the transmission, which I maintain is most excellent.

Oh and not having leather seats, the cloth ones I have. Miles better. IIRC after a curry you said "I'd be curious to see how you get on with it".

The above are the facts from where I sat, a deeply satisfying car not only to drive, but to own.

Its fabulous. I no longer feel nervous when driving will it or will it not get there. It just does....so far anyway.

Mine's 180k miles and counting. Two breakdowns so far, a failed wheel bearing and corroded brake pipes.

I'm pretty happy overall.

Mine's 180k miles and counting. Two breakdowns so far, a failed wheel bearing and corroded brake pipes.

I'm pretty happy overall.

A 606 engine and a 210 is a compelling package. Rust really is the only thing that lets them down. I had a failed wheel bearing on the shed, amongst other failures...LOL

*** said:
Touch wood so far its been great. I've treated her to a wash. 3k miles touring and no wash, she deserves it.

Being a 220cdi and 5g the odds are stacked in my favour, you do read of less issues with them. Its such an underrated thing reliability and car wise, I have had three months of peace since having it. No mishaps, as yet anyway

I have the same combination in my E Class 220cdi and 5g. So far getting on for 2 years and 23,000 miles and no more than a couple of springs and a ball joint(all under warranty) and a service(covered by the initial deal as is the next one)! No complaints either here touch wood.

I have the same combination in my E Class 220cdi and 5g. So far getting on for 2 years and 23,000 miles and no more than a couple of springs and a ball joint(all under warranty) and a service(covered by the initial deal as is the next one)! No complaints either here touch wood.

The springs snap on these really easy. Been there with E classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom