• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

TPMS & rotations of tyres

They are probably better made and stronger than the factory alloys...... hard not to be! But I know that some value originality over performance and/or quality... which is fair enough.
As the bolts for the aftermarket wheels are so much shorter I did wonder if they are as substantial.
Then the aftermarket wheels are hybrid-forged so I guess stronger?

This was also my experience when fitting winter tyres to my W213 E63s, but note different models and different winter tyres will have different levels of improvement regarding skip/crabbing.
I take it you are asking for your GLC, we have Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres (all year) on my wife’s GLC and that doesn’t skip/crab.
Thank you. I think I'll go with another set of rims with winter tyres . If I go with all season I'll of wasted £600 on the 4 x eagle F1 I just had fitted . If it crabs with winters I'll of wasted a futher £1400 . 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you. I think I'll go with another set of rims with winter tyres . If I go with all season I'll of wasted £600 on the 4 x eagle F1 I just had fitted . If it crabs with winters I'll of wasted a futher £1400 . 🤣🤣🤣
You’ll be fine with premium winter tyres.

Winter tyres resist skip better than all season tyres, which resist skip better than summer tyres, with resist skip better than high performance tyres, which resist skip better than ultra high performace tyres.

On winter tyres the tread blocks are designed to flex - which diffuses some of the lateral forces which cause tyre skip. You may find that as the tread blocks get very low the skip might start return as they become too short to flex.

Issue , I have had to acquire another car since my Mercedes was written off.I have found a nice car but it has one major issue : the tyres are perfect and have 6 mm of tread all round but are of different types.
On the near side both tyres are Michelin Primacy 4
On the off side front the tyre is a Michelin Pilot 4 and the rear side is a Perilli.
I believe this arrangement is illegal by cause on the front axle Primacy 4 is a touring tyre and the Pilot 4 is a high performance tyre.
My insurance company information is not really clear but say the tyre size on both axle must be the same but the type of tyre needs to be the same type.

If I use the Michelin name they are not the same type of tyre do could be illegal thus not insuranced.

Easy solution but the new after after sales manager won't entertain my solution which is put the Primacy 4 on the front and I buy two new tyres for the rear.
Any thoughts please

Issue , I have had to acquire another car since my Mercedes was written off.I have found a nice car but it has one major issue : the tyres are perfect and have 6 mm of tread all round but are of different types.
On the off side front the tyre is a Michelin Pilot 4 and the rear side is a Perilli.
I believe this arrangement is illegal by cause on the front axle Primacy 4 is a touring tyre and the Pilot 4 is a high performance tyre.
My insurance company information is not really clear but say the tyre size on both axle must be the same but the type of tyre needs to be the same type.

If I use the Michelin name they are not the same type of tyre do could be illegal thus not insuranced.

Easy solution but the new after after sales manager won't entertain my solution which is put the Primacy 4 on the front and I buy two new tyres for the rear.
Any thoughts please
I am not aware of tyres of different brands causing an issue with insurance. I suspect type means that you should not mix winter, all season and summer tyres.

Any thoughts please
Nothing illegal about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom