V12 Tuning options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will once I get it from MB Swindon- needs alloys done + a plate swap + so taking a bit of time
Two weeks to go I would say
Excruciating is right - for me and you guys on the forum !!!
Another two weeks? That's very very slow. What's the hold up? Plate swap is online and instantaneous now, and 48 hours would be generous for refurbing the wheels.

Another two weeks? That's very very slow. What's the hold up? Plate swap is online and instantaneous now, and 48 hours would be generous for refurbing the wheels.
Well ... ive got a new private plate that involves the car being taxed. Me getting the new docs
Then the Cert of Entitlement gets sorted
Etc etc
Plus Im not able to pop down easily to Swindon
Itll be fine !!

I have read/heard in several places that 400bhp is enough power for on the road use, anything else is wasted.

Depends where you're driving really. My old TTRS had 430hp and could stick to rear end of friends 700-800hp GTRs down twisty country roads without a problem, but as soon as you got onto a long straight after 3 figures they were off into the distance. But then when getting to 700hp+ you're modulating the throttle way more, and barely ever get to be at full throttle for more than 4-5 seconds - even when overtaking 4 cars on a straight you only need half throttle, any more and you'll end up spinning the rears or unsettling the car (maybe that's the weakness of RWD) but still...

I think if you want a great driving experience and the ability to use all of the power most of the time, 400hp ~1400kg to a fantastic level; but for willy waving, scaring you passengers to death with power & torque and saying 'Ciao' to anything in a straight line - the sky is the limit :)

Let's not forget this is a nearly 2 tonne barge so the power to weight ratio won't be exceptional by any means certainly not more than I'm used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom