V6 Diesel software update recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
V90--CROSS COUNTRY?

Yes it's a V90, but only cross country to collect it in Cambridge. It's a plain Momentum Pro.
After years getting cars to go fast on limited amounts of fuel in the old Group C, the name has some appeal ....as well as the car itself:)

Yes it's a V90, but only cross country to collect it in Cambridge. It's a plain Momentum Pro.
After years getting cars to go fast on limited amounts of fuel in the old Group C, the name has some appeal ....as well as the car itself:)
D4 or D5? the D5 has twin turbo with "POWERPULSE" evidently which I had not come across before. :oops: Its bit like Mercedes new electric turbo in the new st-6 cylinder petrol engine :cool: only it uses a shot of compressed air into the exhaust manifold to spool up the first turbo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D4 or D5? the D5 has twin turbo with "POWERPULSE" evidently which I had not come across before. :oops: Its bit like Mercedes new electric turbo in the new st-6 cylinder petrol engine :cool: only it uses a shot of compressed air into the exhaust manifold to spool up the first turbo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a D4. No D5's available with almost 40% off RRP:rolleyes:
The VAG group cars with 48v electrics use a electric motor to spool up the first turbo in much the same manner. The D4 is still a twin turbo and drives really well for my intended use as a long distance cruiser.

Back to the topic.. anyone else had this and noticed an MPG decrease?

My dad's 2010 265BHP 7G+ had it done today. No AdBlue on that either.

Dont DO IT!
4 weeks ago my E350d, 2011 Wagon was in for service package service update and foolishly agreed to the update! Idiot!
I have lost 10-12% on the average over the last 4 weeks. Interestingly my long term consumption was reset by the software so I have no proof of what I used to get!!
I am super annoyed and will try and contact Hughes of Beaconsfield and see what the service manager says!!
I should have know better.
Dont update, just helps them hit a target

I had my 220d done in June and I can confirm that fuel consumption has increased by at least 10% for all modes of driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will also find the dpf clean process will run at least every 250km / 6% of soot. - not sure what it was before but I didn't notice it.
Mine overheated and blew the oil cooler rubber seals - even though it is 2012, it had the old type seals.
Everytime it starts now I have to keep driving until it finishes as a normal 45min drive that I do is not enough !

Haven't done enough miles yet, but I do believe that mine is DPF regenerating more often too. Really pissed off.

Dont DO IT!
4 weeks ago my E350d, 2011 Wagon was in for service package service update and foolishly agreed to the update! Idiot!

At least you were asked. Mine was sneaked in and TOLD that it will be done. I didn't really remember what he said until I'd left and it was too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom